Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5.1.4 official feedback thread

Postby perlin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Suik wrote:Could you please enable "ice on road" weather hazard report (at least in the next beta)? also via waze menu, not only via voice command?...we got winter already here and it would be really useful ;)

Yes, it will be in one of the upcoming versions.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:39 pm

CBenson wrote:
CBenson wrote:
CBenson wrote:I also notice that the interstate freeway is not displaying on the map here.

In further looking at the interstate issue, the road displays fine. The freeway is further west. But the shield displays to the east of the road at times.

I'm seeing these misplaced shields more frequently now.
50shield.jpg

We will check this issue. If you have more examples (including screenshots), I'll appreciate if you provide them too (here or to beta@waze.com). Thanks.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby Colonel667 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:43 pm

perlin wrote:
Colonel667 wrote:Waze crashed at the splash screen for me on a new inofficial Android 4.2.1 ROM on my Nexus One. No idea if you're interested in this, since it's an inofficial ROM, but maybe there's something wrong with general 4.2.1 compatibility, who knows?

Does it crashes every time? Often? Just this one time?

Hi perlin. It crashes every time. Version 3.2.2.2 doesn't crash, but it seems like it can't access GPS and doesn't use WiFi to locate me either. GPS doesn't even show up in the status bar.

Google Maps & Navigation, GPS Test, and Navigon Mobile Navigator all work, so I guess it might not be just my ROM's fault.

If you have Betas that are supposed to be Android 4.2.1 compatible, I'd love to try them. Because right now I can't use Waze anymore. :(
Colonel667

Postby gerben » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:36 pm

gerben wrote:I have a small screen, so the apps zooms out very fast. At normal freeway speeds, not a single road is visible, only landmarks, city polygons and the route line.

Perlin, can you comment on this too?
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben

Postby CBenson » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:44 pm

perlin wrote:
CBenson wrote:I'm seeing these misplaced shields more frequently now.

We will check this issue. If you have more examples (including screenshots), I'll appreciate if you provide them too (here or to beta@waze.com). Thanks.

I hadn't saved any others in the course of driving. However, just sitting here I can make it happen by zooming all the way in and panning around freeways with shields. The misplaced shields do not always appear misplaced in the same place, but if I pan around enough I will see one misplaced. For example,
stray95.jpg
stray95.jpg (14.81 KiB) Viewed 642 times

Here.And:

stray95b.jpg
stray95b.jpg (15.77 KiB) Viewed 642 times

Here.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby zed_live » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:45 pm

feature request:

in the popup for an upcoming hazard, some description of the hazard would be nice.... it's all well and good to say "weather ahead" or "hazard ahead" but "stopped car" and "construction" and "pothole" all require different things... and never mind the differences between "rain" and "fog" and "ice/snow".

is it possible to limit the "hazards in n mile radius" to things on the planned route and/or to disable them while stopped?

thanks
zed_live

Postby Den_in_USA » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:37 pm

zed_live wrote:feature request:

in the popup for an upcoming hazard, some description of the hazard would be nice.... it's all well and good to say "weather ahead" or "hazard ahead" but "stopped car" and "construction" and "pothole" all require different things... and never mind the differences between "rain" and "fog" and "ice/snow".

Previously, I requested that in the "Report" menu, we have a full screen display of possible traffic conditions and hazzard alerts. In full screen, you would be able to view a 5x4 matrix which is 20 selections. If more are needed, we could "swipe" to a second page. I would like to see selections for "brush fire" and "structural fire" which is common in my area. Also, if I am 500 feet away from a fire, I should be able to "press and hold" the location and have an option to display the hazard at that GPS location.
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2
Den_in_USA

Postby Albinho77 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:30 pm

BiggyB99 wrote:
perlin wrote:
BiggyB99 wrote:Hi All,

i searched the forum but couldn't find an answer, maybe anyone can help me with this.
Im running Waze 3.5.1.4 on an android 4.0.4.
The auto-lock function does not work. Wether I'm navigating in WAZE or just using the map the screen will always dim accordingly to phone settings. I tried with the function on and with the function off, both will not work.

Anyone experienced this and knows how to fix it? I can't navigate now :(

Which device are you using? Did you check the auto-lock settings in the device itself?

Hi Perlin,

thanks for your reply. I'm using a JiaYu g3. The auto-lock settings in the device seems correct, when im navigating with Google Maps for example the screen stays on.
JiaYu g3 is running android 4.0.4 at the moment.

Same problem here, using Galaxy S (i9000B), android 4.0.4.
Didn't try google Maps though but a while ago Waze stayed always on when running, now it locks the screen every a few blocks, really really annoying.
Albinho77

Postby amiga6 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Today crashed Waze when I would report fuel prices. And when I pressed OK to send the log files it went away 21 files. It was at 11:55 Swedish local time
I'm using Samsung Galaxy S7 Android 6.0.1 Swedish and the latest Waze version.

amiga6
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Suik » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:34 am

perlin wrote:
Suik wrote:Could you please enable "ice on road" weather hazard report (at least in the next beta)? also via waze menu, not only via voice command?...we got winter already here and it would be really useful ;)

Yes, it will be in one of the upcoming versions.

Thanks perlin :).
The one that returned
Renault Fluence 2011, 1.6 16V, Samsung GS7 stock Android 6.0.1
FB pg: Waze Slovensko / Twitter: @waze_slovensko / G+: Waze Slovensko
Suik

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App