The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by AndyPoms
kentsmith9 wrote:How about this one? It came up as "Most users did not follow the suggested route"
The roads being proposed as the route are dead ends. They are unnamed and have no city, so there is no address for which to navigate. I did notice they are all recently edited by staff in the last week and these would classically be Portola Valley roads, so maybe there is some connection between them causing this as a false route problem.
That type started several months ago & is discussed in several places in the forum... It works better in urban areas than rural ones...

Several things to note about that type of MP
1) The initial run used very old data, so many of them had been solved before they started showing up on the map
2) A lot of the ones on dead ends are actually Waze turning the user around and sending them back where they came, the tracks are perfectly overlapped, so you can't see the one of the paths.
3) Check both routes (and continue on the one the users took for a while) for screwy turn restrictions/soft turns/one-way roads that should be the other way/one-way roads that should be two-way or vice versa

If you can't find anything, mark it solved & move on, unless you want to attract IGN..
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by ArlenBystander
sockslabs wrote:The following sequence seems to unwedge the save button:
  • Click on the report.
  • Hit Solved.
  • Hit Close.
  • Click on the report again.
  • Hit Not identified, and the save button wakes up.
My trick was to click Solved then change one other item (change a turn, move a segment, etc.). This would enable the save and undo buttons (number of changes would be off by one). I would then undo the last change (now the number of changes is correct) and then save.
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bgodette
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:If Wazers continually get stuck in the back-ups waiting a long time to make a difficult turn, then Waze will eventually have that data and be less likely to give that turn instruction at the times of day where it finds traversing that segment-to-segment pair is very slow. I say let the data do the work.
There's still the uncertainty of whether the node transit time is learned only if the transit happens. If the turn is never taken during the difficult high-traffic times, it may never collect the data needed as what happens when it doesn't have data for that ToD slot but it does for other times of the day?

This is something we should bring up at the next meet if it isn't answered clearly enough before then.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by CBenson
taddison1 wrote:Good concept, but unfortunately it's generating update requests based on old data.
Yes, this is true. I've seen many that are based on clearly obsolete data. I'm hopeful that once we get the initial round cleared off, then they will be based on more relevant data.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
joshellis625 wrote:sweet baby jesus I have never seen so many SRP's before.
Well then send a note of thanks to arl16, jondrush and the other editors that have also been working in NE MD, it really doesn't take long for the MPs to clutter the map without constant vigilance. I've been leaving Baltimore for you guys and trying to make some inroads in DC, where the problems have piled up a bit.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
shawndoc wrote:Nah, its just that dead end segments are the only place Waze officially supports U-Turns. So if Waze wants the user to go back the other direction, and there's no "around the block" routes it can give them, it sends them to the closest dead end to turn around.
I don't believe that this is true. First, its not like waze gives a U-turn instruction on dead end segments. Second, there are plenty of time that waze does not send me to the closest dead end to turn around, but rather passes up several dead end roads to turn around on another.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
It would be helpful if any reports regarding the problems not showing (or any reports that they are showing correctly) be posted in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37502&start=20
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
Is this feature only in certain areas so far? I zoomed out just a little while ago and didn't see any new errors beyond the existing ones on locked roads that I cannot fix and are leaving for Level 5s in the area to handle.

I find it hard to believe we're totally error free in my region, but it would kinda awesome if it were true. There's some hard working editors around here who've really made these roads shine over the last six months or so.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by esochan
CrackedLCD wrote:Is this feature only in certain areas so far? I zoomed out just a little while ago and didn't see any new errors beyond the existing ones on locked roads that I cannot fix and are leaving for Level 5s in the area to handle.

I find it hard to believe we're totally error free in my region, but it would kinda awesome if it were true. There's some hard working editors around here who've really made these roads shine over the last six months or so.
My immediate area was error free. I had to scroll down to the Sacramento and surrounding areas where there were numerous ones.
esochan
Send a message
Area Manager: Yuba City/Marysville, Oroville, Chico/Paradise/Magalia, California
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by HandofMadness
This brings up an age old question: How to handle left turns that may be difficult/impossible at certain times of the day?

In Los Angeles, Waze loves to route people down side or residential roads, and will often direct people to either turn left or go straight across when hitting the major roads. These directions are perfectly legal, however during busier periods these directions are hard/dangerous to follow, since there is no light and it often requires crossing 4~6 lanes of busy road.

I bring this up, since this new "problem" brings up a ton of these.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message