Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by bz2012
anonymous0816 wrote:How many users have to ignore a recommended route to bring up this new "UR"? Yesterday I for example saw 6 users causing this UR.
Sometimes I set my starting point as destination to listen to the voice-prompts to report some map issues which I wouldn't have gotten aware of routing to my real destination. Especially a lot of turn restrictions and one ways were discoverd.
This way of seeing more potential map failures is surely influencing the "ignored route URs".
Should change my behaviour - it's a pitty from map quality's point of view?!
I suggest the WAZE Livemap Navigation extension http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/118389. It will show you the turn-by-turn directions you would get when navigating from one location to another in Livemap.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Can't you add another Alternate name that IS correct and then delete the one that is wrong?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Timbones wrote:If you've been entering mph in the US, then they'll appear wrong in the editor. Unless they've done something different on NA?
I never understood what to enter for speeds for cameras. However, they all seem to have an edit date in the last few days (including one that says last edited by me today which I haven't touched in a while). Many have oddly low numbers now. I suspect that the speed camera numbers have all been lowered by a factor of 0.62 in the US as well.

Here is the one that says that I updated it today. The max speed is listed as 35. I'm fairly certain it used to be 56.
Here is one with an update date of today and a max speed of 28 where I'm fairly certain the posted speed limit is 45 mph.
Just to the north, is one with an update date of Dec. 17 and max speed of 25 (the speed limit might be 40 mph there, but I'm reasonably certain it is not 25 mph).
Here is one with an update date of yesterday and an unreasonalbly low max speed number of 19.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
skbun wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way the 'route ignored' UR in this screen capture below makes any sense would be if Bing is providing a bad lat/long for an address, right?

It's not so much in this case 'See if it's allowed'...but...

Anyway, I just want to get a sense for what other editors think here. Why else would it route to a dead end road?

Permalink: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT
I've seen a bunch of these as well. The other theory that has been put forth is that waze is attempting to route a u-turn and you are seeing the route in but not the route back out.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I'm getting worried about the old data used to generate the new problems. Here is a newly generated MP where user didn't take the suggested route. The problem is that if I recall correctly I edited the roads in response to a previously generated similar map problem. Now the MP has reappeared apparently based on the same old data.
Comeback.jpg
(158.67 KiB) Downloaded 613 times
[/url]
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by cdombroski
McCracken808 wrote:
shawndoc wrote:Usability Problem

This new version of the editor includes a new system generated problem report, which advises you when users are ignoring directions given to them by Waze.

The problem is the pin is placed directly on the junction, making it impossible to actually click on the junction. Even zoomed all the way in, I can't select the junction because the pin is in the way.

I have to mark the pin solved, save, reload the editor, and only then can I select the junction and make necessary changes. (Many of these junctions have the turns set correctly, but need to be QW'd and reset.)

Turn off Problems layer.
I had the same complaint, thanks for the idea. (Wish I had thought of it back when I first started encountering this problem with pins on top of junctions)
cdombroski
Send a message

Post by cherianchris
Has anyone noticed a change in the font of the city names? Also, the spray paint effect seems to have vanished.

Chris -> MB526 -> Tapatalk 2
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by CrackedLCD
Right now my only issue is speed. Zooming in and out has gotten slow as molasses, with the road imagery loading incredibly slowly or not at all in some cases.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
jwkilgore wrote:As for the road-redraw thing... previously we lost all road graphics on zoom. Roads were gone from view until new data was downloaded and rendered. Now we're keeping the old road data until after the new data is rendered, but this results in a highly pixelated and seemingly enlarged view of the roads which obscures the satellite image. Personally, I'd rather have the old way.
I liked the old way better as well, but I've noticed that the actual road geometry renders faster than the redrawing of the road graphics (and sometimes the Bing graphics) and I can edit those segments by following the blown up and pixelated versions. I've even managed to fix some intersections and save the changes before the roads redraw. The ability to edit seems to open up a lot faster than it takes the roads to redraw at the proper zoom level, if that makes sense.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
That 'sticky node' issue drives me crazy. It always happens at the most inconvenient of times! I think it's triggered when the nodes are unusually close to the A and B circles. Sometimes if I'm zoomed out a bit the nodes will almost totally be inside the A or B endpoint circles. Or it can be a very short segment and the A & B end points are close together and there's a node between them, too.

If you're patient and careful you can catch it in action by watching the cursor like iainhouse said, and shaking it loose. I usually wind up getting in a rhythm and accidentally dragging one anyway, and if it's a short enough segment, I just hit escape to drop the node, go back and highlight it, and just delete the node. More often than not, it wasn't needed anyway.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message