Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Level 5 editors locking up roads

Post by sdjrdriver
In the Burleson Texas area I have noticed a lot of roads that have been locked up by level 5 wazers that can detrimental to creating a more accurate picture of the surrounding area. Is there a way to petition a lock on a segment so the proper adjustments can be made?
sdjrdriver

POSTER_ID:8892826

Send a message

Post by tgfathergoose
daknife wrote:I found the area I think you are discussing. It looks like those locks are just incidental, and there should be no problem with any unlock request.

But you need to finish your roads and this set of roads are un-needed and should be entirely deleted. There is no need to pave a road all around the building. Waze will get any driver to the building just fine.

That's not true. I've seen lots of Waze error reports driving into gas stations and parking lots. Waze may be able to get someone to the building because the building address is on the main road, but get enough wazers driving into a parking lot, and it will generate an error report saying the roads aren't connected. Can't pick solved, it will just show up again. Pick not identified, it will also show up again. The only solution is to draw a few lines in the parking lot, label the roads as parking lot, and solve.
tgfathergoose
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by sdjrdriver
Much appreciated thank you :)
sdjrdriver
Send a message

Post by littlestlou
:oops: Sorry about that. Those edits were made almost a year ago when I locked roads based on old reasoning. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly via PM though and I will gladly help out. My In-Laws live in Burleson so I travel Wilshire/174 every month or so. I also am not a fan of parking lot roads (in excess) and will likely delete them if I seem them all over the place. Just fair warning.

Is there something specific that was routing wrong or what did you need the unlock for?
littlestlou
Send a message
[img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///0NAfp[/img]

Post by jasonh300
In looking at the scoreboard for Colombia, there doesn't appear to be a single CM native to the country. I just did a quick scan around Barranquilla, and found a number of segments edited by level 5 editors, but not a single one of them is on the Colombia scoreboard. And not a single one of them was locked. I couldn't find a lock over level 3. There's certainly a lot of work to be done there, and lots of incomplete (red) roads all over the place.

ETA: Spoke too soon. I see a few by JJVV27. No idea what country he's actually from, but I guess he has driving rights there. If they get in the way, try sending him a PM.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message