The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by HandofMadness
McCracken808 wrote: Turn off Problems layer.
Thanks, that's a better work around for this bug.
:oops:
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
jwkilgore wrote: New error: I have yet to resolve a "user didn't follow suggested route" error, but I have seen several. Just like UR "wrong driving direction errors" without any text, there's never enough info. I don't know the starting point, ending point, or traffic conditions. So far, there has been absolutely no way to determine why the drivers didn't follow the waze-suggested directions.
You only need to check the marked junction to make sure the turn restrictions are set properly. I'm finding the majority have some sort of mistake.

If the junction is correct, mark it solved and move on. If the junction is wrong, fix it, mark it solved and move on.

Remember, they're only asking you to "What to do: Check whether the route is allowed", not verify if the route is correct.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
bz2012 wrote:Most of the automatic errors I have seen are crazy!

Most show WAZE routing people down single segments that terminate in a proper node.

For some strange reason, people tend to continue down the highway they were driving on, rather than turning down the dead end stub and WAZE complains about that! :)

I can't see any reason that WAZE tried to route them down the small side road, especially when it dead ends immediately.
Its often because there are no "U-Turns" nearby, and Waze wants the user to head the opposite direction, so it will route them onto the dead end street and have them u-turn there to go back the other direction.

This new error only shows us a purple route through one junction. So it shows you the turn onto the dead end, but not the second 180 degree turn at the end of the dead end.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Just to address the oldness factor on some of these. I found two errors where Waze was directing people to cut across a parking lot (purple route went all the way across). One on each side of the lot. The road was last edited in July. So either its using data that far back, or Waze is routing people through parking lot segments.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
anonymous0816 wrote:How many users have to ignore a recommended route to bring up this new "UR"? Yesterday I for example saw 6 users causing this UR.
I think the lowest number I've seen so far is 2.

I also wonder if it can be the same user on multiple trips?

Example: It showed 8 users/trips on the error. This error was the entrance to a small parking lot. The lot had two entrances, and Waze wanted them to use the first entrance, but instead they used the second. My guess is this is due to employee parking assignments.

Seems unlikely that 8 different users would travel to this same small building in an Industrial section, and all 8 would want to use the further parking lot entrance, and know not to use the first one.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Ok, one problem I've been getting, is I click and hold to drag the map, and instead a node gets picked up and dragged instead. Sometimes this happens, even on high zoom levels.

The problem is, if I undo my last edit, the node doesn't go back to where it belongs, or it creates a ghost segment, showing the road where it should be, but if you click the road it still highlights the changed segment with the moved node.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Having problems tonight with changes taking several minutes to update in the editor.

A) Make Change
B) Save
C) Map reverts to pre-edit version
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
harling wrote:If you wait 30-60 seconds and click on "Permalink", you should find that the changes were made. It is as though the changes submitted by WME are queued up and taking longer than usual to commit. In the meantime, WME reloads the map as soon as it has finished transmitting the latest changes, and you see the map pre-change.
Its taking significantly longer than 30-60 seconds for some of my updates to show. But as I mentioned in my first post, it does eventually catch up.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
New error message type?
Waze Automatic: We suspect that this segment is associated with a different city than the one it is currently in
Flagged a Portola Valley segment. This is going to be hell if every Portola Valley segment gets his with this. And the odd thing is, they're showing up with the icon for a UR, not a system generated problem.
newerror.jpg
(205.59 KiB) Downloaded 1646 times
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Here's a permalink to one.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=8&lat ... FTTFTTTTFT

There's lots of active editors in SoCal these days, so not sure how long before someone resolves it, but if you wanted to see one live, its there now.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message