Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by DwarfLord
Turn not allowed -- but who cares?
turn_not_allowed.jpg
...but who cares?
(89.15 KiB) Downloaded 750 times
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
bgodette wrote:
DwarfLord wrote:Turn not allowed -- but who cares?
Tons of construction visible there and we all know aerials and street view are outdated before we even get new ones, so maybe they mean the other form of "turn not allowed" and that it's not allowed but should be?
After looking at a separate UR in the vicinity that specifically complains of being told to make an illegal left from Marina onto Richardson, I think the turn is indeed still illegal as shown in SV and that this was a case of TTS and the displayed route not being the same. I'm told that is a rare but known bug.

What's scary is that the driver apparently broke the law because Waze told him/her to. Yikes.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
irowiki wrote:But the Waze route said to go right?
There is apparently a rare but persistent bug in the app where the voice instruction says to go left even when the display and intended route say to go right, and vice versa.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by elle-emme
Problem: I want to b able to post an accident 3 blocks behind where I'm currently loaded but ur program is to fing stupid to let me but it won't let me post while being a passenger...... wtf it made me post the accident 6 blocks away when I finally found a red light making ur fing ap inaccurate y can't I pinpoint a location tell it more options and get the list to post an accident or incident under it???????????
Gosh, tell me how you really feel! :roll:
elle-emme
Send a message
-Elle Emme
Area Manager, Portland (OR)/SW Washington Metro area
Now these points of data make a beautiful line/we're out of beta, we're releasing on time...

Post by elle-emme
Problem:
missing the rest of this road right where I live

elle-emme(1) on December 09, 2013
What road is missing?

Reporter on December 09, 2013
It's there but not all the way.. My house is at the end of it so It keeps shooting my person to laidlaw which isn't right

elle-emme(1) on December 09, 2013
What is the *name* of the missing road?
SMH ಠ_ಠ
elle-emme
Send a message
-Elle Emme
Now these points of data make a beautiful line/we're out of beta, we're releasing on time...

Post by elle-emme
Problem: missing sign - Carmen Dr
The missing sign in question? Half-ripped off an overpass by a semi three months ago. I don't know what exactly they want me to do about it...
elle-emme
Send a message
-Elle Emme

Post by elle-emme
Problem:

very hazardous road with cars parked permanently on both sides causing very narrow dangerous road in both directions with no warming. not really wrong directions however
ಠ_ಠ
elle-emme
Send a message
-Elle Emme

Post by elle-emme
Thortok2000 wrote:Maybe mark that road as a 'private road' or 'parking lot road.'
Except it's a street, like many in Portland, that residents park on. Public city street.
elle-emme
Send a message
-Elle Emme

Post by elle-emme
Speaking of child-reported URs...
Wrong driving direction (user reported)
Problem:

I muuuuubh
elle-emme
Send a message
-Elle Emme

Post by elle-emme
jdeyoung wrote:
bz2012 wrote:
jdeyoung wrote:And this one today:

Problem:

need to add train icon fast and slow

Wasn't sure if this would be a new "vehicle" icon choice or not. :D
Looks like some re-training is needed. :)
Or train-ing wheels. :D
Don't try to railroad them into something they don't want!
elle-emme
Send a message
-Elle Emme