Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Newest Waze reports "Can't find network"

Post by Russtopia
I am on "Speakout", a pay-as-you-go subsidiary of Rogers Wireless in Canada. Previous versions of Waze worked, so long as I had "Autoproxy" installed to redirect data traffic through Speakout's crippled port-80-only proxy APN.

The newest version of Waze won't work for me... has anyone had success using Waze with Speakout? Did the client change its protocol/port settings?

If someone could advise me on how to get the app to work I'd be very grateful.

(Yes, I have verified that other non-browser apps work with my data plan -- Google Play Store, Ingress, Produkteev, Google Maps, etc.)

I'm running ICS on an HTC Amaze 4G.

Thanks,
-Russ
Russtopia

POSTER_ID:5538340

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I'll test this again today/soon, but leaving the home or work wifi and connecting up to LTE/3G seems to be pretty seamless in my experience.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by inspectorone
I'm in the same situation. Any success?
inspectorone
Send a message

Post by mssusa
I, and some others, are facing connectivity problems recently. For me it started last week. Currently, I can't connect to waze since last night. So, it might not be a client issue with your provider.

Are you able to connect now via wifi?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
Oops. Never reported back.

It seems that there was a problem with my setup and some files got corrupted. I uninstalled, deleted waze folder then reinstalled. It is working fine for me now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message