Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Flood Zone Warnings (recomendation)

Post by zeroneff
So I leave near lots of Flood Zones, in 2002 and in 1998 a few cars full of familys was swallowed up by the creek and sadly never made it :oops: . So maybe yall can add on option to add flood zones to the map.

Ive been using your app for a while, its great. I had to mess around with my account and had to restart sense yall have some very confusing registration process that caused me to have a temp account and some rad username. :shock:
zeroneff

POSTER_ID:12880752

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
zeroneff wrote:Yes, I think they should not exist. It's hard to maintain a base when you dont know your user name, and you have to start over.
I begged Waze for months in beta testing to make the "Other" button in the app when logging in for the first time, more prominent and more clear. But they seem to be favoring the Facebook login process, likely due to the fact that Waze relies on facebook for the friends relationships and if they can get that from the beginning, then that's their preference. But the creation of these usa_ and world_ accounts, which is the result, is a big PITA.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by jasonh300
zeroneff wrote:Ive been using your app for a while, its great. I had to mess around with my account and had to restart sense yall have some very confusing registration process that caused me to have a temp account and some rad username. :shock:
Was it one of those usa_****** accounts?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by zeroneff
jasonh300 wrote:
zeroneff wrote:Ive been using your app for a while, its great. I had to mess around with my account and had to restart sense yall have some very confusing registration process that caused me to have a temp account and some rad username. :shock:
Was it one of those usa_****** accounts?
Yes, I think they should not exist. It's hard to maintain a base when you dont know your user name, and you have to start over. Im sure those accounts are to set up, they should stick with the standard user name or link it with a facebook account.
zeroneff
Send a message

Post by zeroneff
I started messing with my settings and stuff as soon as I saw it was a temp account. I dont think it's very efficient to have this temp accounts. You make more data that has to be professed and stored, with many of them being lost in the cloud with the user unable to find its data.
zeroneff
Send a message