Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Crashings

Post by stardust1979
Hi everbody,

I have bought an Huawei G330 with Android 4.04. I would love to use Waze, but unfortunately, it crashes everytime I want to use it. E.g. it crashes whenever I hit the search button in the navigation dialogue. I can see the map with my exact positions, but other features are not accessible without crashing. Sometimes it crashes when just playing arround, but it always crashes when hitting the button mentioned above.

I then get an info like: "Sorry, waze has been shut down." (Sorry, I don´t know the exact english words, since I am german.) plus it asks me to send an error report, which I already sent several times.

In the report it reads:

"java.lang.NullPointerException
unable to start activity ComponentInfo(com.waze/com.waze.navigate.AddFavorite...."

I uninstalled and reinstalled it, changed location, killed all other processes, uninstalled some applications, disabled WLAN,...

What else can I do to fix this? Or can this be a hint for having issues with my hardware? Tell me if you need more info...

Many thanks for your reply in advance,
Stefan
stardust1979

POSTER_ID:12748930

Send a message

Post by gianniz58
The only way I found to get Waze working on Huawei G330 is installing Waze ver. 2.3.6.7
gianniz58
Send a message

Post by jemay
pininfarinaivan wrote:Same goes to mine, I'm using chinese made 'no brand' DVD/ GPS player with Android 2.3.4.
It will crash whenever I click to accept user agreement. it will either crash/ hang or bring me back to the same accept user agreement page again even I'd click to accept.

Wondering its a bug or Waze doesn't support these chinese made Android device.

below is the video clip on how the program crash

http://s39.photobucket.com/user/pininfa ... 1.mp4.html
Please don't post in multiple threads the same question.
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by juda75
I have the same problem with huawei ascend g330
juda75
Send a message

Post by LFPrada
Hi everyone.
I was having the same crash problem with the 3.7.x versions of Waze in my 3 phones: HTC Inspire 4G(android 2.3.3), Huawei 510(android 4.1.1) and Huawei P6(android 4.2.2): once I logged in, it tried to load the voice option but after a few seconds, crashed closing the application.
So I downgraded to the Waze 3.6.0 apk (just Google it from your phones, NOT in playstore) in all my 3 phones and now they're running almost fine: doesn't let me do reports, but everything else works fine.
= = = = = = = = = =
Hola para todos.
Estaba teniendo el mismo problema de caídas con las versiones 3.7.x de Waze en mis 3 teléfonos: HTC Inspire 4G(android 2.3.3), Huawei 510(android 4.1.1) and Huawei P6(android 4.2.2): una vez que ingresaba, este trataba de cargar la opción de voz y unos segundos después se cerraba.
Entonces bajé la versión del Waze por el apk 3.6.0 (búsquenlo desde sus celulares en Google, NO en la tienda Play), para mis 3 teléfonos y ahora funcionan casi bien: no me deja hacer reportes, pero lo demás funciona bien.
LFPrada
Send a message

Post by pininfarinaivan
Same goes to mine, I'm using chinese made 'no brand' DVD/ GPS player with Android 2.3.4.
It will crash whenever I click to accept user agreement. it will either crash/ hang or bring me back to the same accept user agreement page again even I'd click to accept.

Wondering its a bug or Waze doesn't support these chinese made Android device.

below is the video clip on how the program crash

http://s39.photobucket.com/user/pininfa ... 1.mp4.html
pininfarinaivan
Send a message

Post by redrob64
Hi all, Hi have sthe same problem with waze
sygic also dont run...

:-(
redrob64
Send a message

Post by spartacusds
I am having the same issue ... Samsung Epic 4G
spartacusds
Send a message

Post by stardust1979
Nobody using an Huawei G330 with Waze? :cry:

I did a full factory reset and installed Waze on the "clean" phone - but the problem remains...

Anyway, thanks for reading my posting and
Merry Christmas!

Stefan
stardust1979
Send a message

Post by stardust1979
Happy new year!

Problem remains, but now the error reporting function does not show up anymore. It crashes without any information....

:cry:

redrob64:

Sygic does not work for me neither. Thanks for sharing your problem. It seems like we should take a look at the GPS parts of our OS.... What is your android version and which mobile do you own?

Stefan
stardust1979
Send a message