Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Is this a good thing to publicly announce?

Post by MiltH
From twitter:
Waze Mapping Support ‏@WazeMapping

How do you delete a road in the @waze map editor? Click on it, then click the Trash Can. Or hit the Delete key. It really is like that easy.
Seems like this would be one of the last things you'd want someone to learn how to do on a wiki-style system with no ability to revert.
MiltH

POSTER_ID:9159495

Send a message
Former Area Manager for Midland & Odessa, TX, and the surrounding areas.

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
We have more than a handful of times offered the same advice in the forums, and it's in the wiki. I'm surprised that people ask, "I can't figure out how to draw a road" or "I can't figure out how to delete this road which doesn't really exist."
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by bgodette
MiltH wrote:Seems like this would be one of the last things you'd want someone to learn how to do on a wiki-style system with no ability to revert.
Who says we don't have the ability to revert? ;)
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by MiltH
I was just thinking that finding the answer in the forums or wiki takes some effort to care, whereas twittering it to the world invites vandalism.

Then again, I've just been spending time fighting vandals in Wikipedia, so I might be a bit paranoid.
MiltH
Send a message
Former Area Manager for Midland & Odessa, TX, and the surrounding areas.

Post by TruckOttr
bgodette wrote:Who says we don't have the ability to revert? ;)
I'd be happy if we can see what has *been* deleted. :D

I'm also of the opinion that if someone can't figure out how to delete a road, do we really want them to be deleting roads?
TruckOttr
Send a message
https://sign.wme-tools.com/images/signa ... d-0200.pnghttps://sign.wme-tools.com/images/signa ... ones-4.png
Hayward, CA, Reno/Sparks, NV, Elko/Spring Creek, NV and apparently the N. NV section of Portola Valley, CA. :-)