Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Editing turns

Post by gauravk3
Hi all, fairly new and enjoying the app tried my hand at editing the map and adding roads etc which was fine. But is there a way wherein map editors can add/ remove the turns which are seen on maps as right or left signs in a black square ( and on travelling waze gives a voice prompt )

As in many cases they are incorrect - even when one has to go straight it prompts to turn left or right and in many places one needs to turn right / left there is no prompt
gauravk3

POSTER_ID:12774063

Send a message

Post by cherianchris
Dear Gaurav,

Since you are just starting to edit the map, can I ask you whether you have seen the WAZE GPS Channel on YouTube ?

Waze GPS Channel

There is a Waze Map Editor Guide, which has six parts. I recommend you watch those, and also go through the Map Editing Wiki. These resources will give you a good idea of how to correctly update maps and give the user the best possible directions to reach a destination.

Waze Map Editing Wiki

Please come back to us after you have understood these resources. Feel free to ask us any doubts or questions if you have any.

Chris
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by Parithosh
gauravk3 wrote:Hi all, fairly new and enjoying the app tried my hand at editing the map and adding roads etc which was fine. But is there a way wherein map editors can add/ remove the turns which are seen on maps as right or left signs in a black square ( and on travelling waze gives a voice prompt )

As in many cases they are incorrect - even when one has to go straight it prompts to turn left or right and in many places one needs to turn right / left there is no prompt

Gaurav, what you are looking for is fairly simple and won't take you long to get a hold of things. Just like Chris said, read those resources :)

BTW, where are you from?
Parithosh
Send a message