Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by girevikkb
So I confirmed the behavior. I'm still not getting the sound with the phone connected to BT, but when I turned BT off on my phone I could here it.

Does anyone know how I got about submitting this to support? I can't find how to do that.
girevikkb
Send a message

Post by girevikkb
I e-mailed support about this a couple of weeks ago, and still haven't heard anything. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to respond?
girevikkb
Send a message

Post by girevikkb
I finally heard back from support. They're looking into it so hopefully I'll have something to report at duke point. They made it sounds like they will be working on a code fix for it.
girevikkb
Send a message

Post by girevikkb
Venatius wrote:I've been having some confusion with bluetooth audio myself. When I'm streaming music via BT off of my phone, Waze does the following:

Route to Speakers off: Waze meekly talks through the music without turning it down/pausing it, and is largely unintelligible.
Route to Speakers on: Waze pauses the music to... say nothing at all.
Prefer Bluetooth: Doesn't exist. Route to Speakers is the only thing in there.

This is one of the relatively few things other GPS apps seem to have a leg up on, so it's frustrating to see such minor imperfections chafing at the experience.
In my case, with "Route to speaker" off while streaming music, I can hear the directions just fine. But I also just hear a pause in the music with "route" turned on. If I turn off BT on my phone I can hear the directions just fine over the phone speaker.

Support said that the ticket I had opened with them had been submitted to deveolpment, but still no word.
girevikkb
Send a message

Post by GoBama84
This is an old thread and I'm sorry for bringing it back up. It seems to be the only place I can find where people are having the same problem as me.
I was using Waze on an iPhone 4s with no issues with bluetooth. I have recently changed to a Galaxy 5s and no more alerts or directions come through the car speakers unless I'm on a phone call. Then they will come through until I get off the call.
This sounds like a Waze problem as android does not have the option to play sound to BT while iOS does.
Has anyone found a good fix for having Waze alerts and directions (If Nav) through BT?

Thanks, this is my first post to these forums.

GoBama84
GoBama84
Send a message

Post by iamborg
I also have the sgs3 and originally had the "route to speaker" checked.
because I had my headphone jack plugged into the car stereo where i was streaming music.
i wanted waze to come out the phone speaker, while the streaming music routed out the headphone jack. this did NOT work.
no audio came out of the speaker, both waze and streaming app came out the headphone jack.

BUT i found out that having this set this way, every time waze would speak, it would cause my streaming app to stop streaming, and i had to restart the streaming app, which was very annoying on a long drive.

so i turned off/unchecked the route to speaker option and still waze and the streaming app would go out the headphone jack over the car's radio, however this time, the streaming app was NOT stopped or affected. so while this wasn't ideal, it did work and i was no longer annoyed by waze.
iamborg
Send a message

Post by kldconcept
I have a problem with BT when I'm online waze sounds happening on my communication, while normally I don 'not use BT are the Waze, but through the HP internal
:oops:
samsung galaxy s2 ics4.04
kldconcept
Send a message

Post by Migueis
That function is amazing.
If you are listening radio de Voice allways Play. Even if the radio it's turned OFF.
It works like a phone call.
Migueis
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
https://not.against.org/am.jpg
Enthusiastic Wazer! @ Esposende

Post by Nacron
The only way for sound to come out of you car stereo from Waze (on Android anyway) is to have it as your Bluetooth media option on the car stereo. You cannot have Waze interrupt radio or CD operation on your car stereo. You either have to live with having the navigation directions come out of the phone's loudspeaker or streaming music from your phone with the Waze audio playing with it.
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SE | Samsung S22 Ultra 5G
Waze Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 50k_5c.png

Post by Nacron
I know that it's worked for me on the previous beta that way. I don't think I tested the route to speaker option in the most current beta. What I usually do if I switch from listening to Google music to the radio is turn the Bluetooth off on the phone so it stops the streaming connection

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SE | Samsung S22 Ultra 5G
Waze Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 50k_5c.png