Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Ability to select current location for future destinations

Post by
Is there a way for Waze to include an option to select a current destination to be saved (save as " ") for use as a future destination. For example, I visit many locations and their addresses are not close to the parking areas, which may be around the corner or a as much as a block away and I would like to use physical locations as a destination point.

POSTER_ID:5421057

Send a message

Post by Agamicox
So what you are saying is pretty much to follow same steps as you would do to make Waze navigate you to the point on map?

What OP is asking is just a button adding Your current location to Favorite?
But yeah... That's a workaround anyway...
Agamicox
Send a message
HTC One X

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Agamicox wrote:What OP is asking is just a button adding Your current location to Favorite?
No, they are not. Not that I read. At least, in the OP. The thread title doesn't really match what the text in the OP says.

The OP is saying, "You have already searched for/input a destination and are already navigating to it. Now I want to take my current destination and add it as a favorite."

I am not aware of an easy way to do this.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I think it'd be ridiculous to automate/optionize the parking spot feature. The people who leave it on would complain that it marks their spot at the bank, the grocery store, the Subway, at home and everywhere else and then want a feature to disable the feature based on four square category of the destination.

No, I think a one button tap to mark your spot is plenty.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
wendsong wrote:Could this be used as a way to locate a parked vehicle? A couple of times now, I've had to circle the area looking for my car (walking), until I thought to put the address where I parked into Waze. Sometimes addresses are not so easy to see and it would also be handy for locating where you parked in a large lot, say Disneyland, etc. :idea:
There is a park feature in the latest version of Waze, check it out...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
pihentagy wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:
wendsong wrote:Could this be used as a way to locate a parked vehicle? A couple of times now, I've had to circle the area looking for my car (walking), until I thought to put the address where I parked into Waze. Sometimes addresses are not so easy to see and it would also be handy for locating where you parked in a large lot, say Disneyland, etc. :idea:
Why not automate this, and just say that you are parking, where waze was switched off last time?
Because not everyone returns to the same place each time they start Waze.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by floppyrod84
Download and update the app and set a destination, drive to it. Look at the black bar at the top with 4 buttons :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by gerben
Hit: Menu -> navigate -> history -> little arrow after the desired destination -> more -> add to favorites
gerben
Send a message
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img][img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///Y17fx[/img]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/35/luiconring.png

Post by gettingthere
Yes, you can do that now. Press and hold at the location on the map and you will be presented with an option to save that location as a favorite (it's a couple of steps).
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by OldGnome
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I think it'd be ridiculous to automate/optionize the parking spot feature. The people who leave it on would complain that it marks their spot at the bank, the grocery store, the Subway, at home and everywhere else and then want a feature to disable the feature based on four square category of the destination.

No, I think a one button tap to mark your spot is plenty.
+1
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by pihentagy
AndyPoms wrote:
Why not automate this, and just say that you are parking, where waze was switched off last time?
pihentagy
Send a message