Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by bryce7up
+ 1 for the motorcycle option !!

In France, it is permissible for motorcycles to ride between rows .
The problem today is that the speed of data collected by the application are not good , but the events of alert should.
All waze' bikers should be able to contribute to signaling events without screwing up the datas
bryce7up
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I'm in the Washington, DC region of the United States and believe that you are not really serving the commuters here if you do not take the HOV restrictions into account. Thus the ability to designate HOV roads and HOV vehicles is needed. However, many of the HOV restrictions here are for only a portion of the day. Thus, HOV needs to be a quality/characteristic of the road (like toll is) and it needs to be able to vary based on the time of day. In other words, you will need to able to designate the road as HOV from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM. During that time only HOV type vehicles can use the road. Additionally, it matters how many occupants the vehicle has here. In other words, some restrictions are HOV-2 (restricted to vehicles with 2 or more occupants) and some restrictions are HOV-3 (restricted to vehicles with 3 or more occupants). So ideally, you would be able to designate between HOV types. But I believe that just a HOV designation would be useful, even if you could not distinguished between HOV types.

There is also much discussion about the recently opened HOT/Express lanes in the area. The lanes are available either if you meet the HOV requirement or if you pay a toll. Thus, it would be beneficial if you could designate a road as both toll and HOV and that would allow routing if you have avoid toll road off or if you select that you are HOV.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
petervdveen wrote:HOV is some kind of toll road, right?
How many meters is between the normal road and this HOV road?
Not normally. Normally it is simply a minimum restriction on the number of occupants of the vehicle. The theory being that there will be less pollution and less congestion with this incentive to carpool. Separation between a HOV lane and the normal road varies from the width of a painted stripe to tens of meters.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
The police in the DC area certainly write citations daily for HOV violations. People know the police are watching.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
nepahxc wrote:WE NEED A TRUCK MODE! please.....
It is up to the waze editing community to add the truck restrictions to the waze map to make any such designation useful. There is a brief discussion here regarding which roads should be designated as prohibited to trucks. Feel free to use you experience and add your input there.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by cherianchris
Would you add the Tuk Tuk a.k.a Autorickshaw, to the Waze Client please? Those are three wheelers, with two stroke engines. These vehicles run in cities all over India. If you guys need a pic I'll grab one and send it your way.

Another suggestion to enhance the fun factor while using Waze: Could you add an M1Abrams Battle Tank to the Client please? People all over the world would love it.. :smile:

Just some ideas, in my head. Hope these helped you out.

Regards,
Chris

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Last edited by cherianchris on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by cherianchris
foxitrot wrote:
ChrisSeiler wrote:I also would love to have a [...] train mode as well ...
Waze would have to display the Rails again :|
Magnetic Levitation is always an option..

Chris -> MB526 -> Tapatalk 2
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by ChrisSeiler
I agree wirh fbwazing's idea of th emergency vehicles.
I also would love to have a bike and train mode as well as a ferry street type
ChrisSeiler
Send a message

Post by chrysrobyn
New vehicle type: Delivery (USPS, UPS, etc.). They make all kinds of stops along residential roads and make all the rural roads in my neighborhood glow red (slow) during the last two weeks of December when I'm driving home.
Ramp type: HOV. I do some AM work in the Phoenix area and the ability to mark ramps as HOV only would be very useful.
chrysrobyn
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Colin-Pye
It likely would be handy to have a type of BUS, since they often make many more stops than other vehicles, and, as such, would maintain a lower average speed. And since passengers on a bus may still be using the app, it would make sense for them to be able to pick it.

Also, when you see one of them going off route, it's usually because something major happened to the road, but to know that, one would need to know bus routes, too.
Colin-Pye
Send a message