Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by thefatveganchef
I would like to see a few autofill buttons in the ping feature, so you don't have to try to type. Maybe things like "Hi", "How's the weather?", "Happy wazing!", or "Did you hear the one about the Wazer who tried to cross the road?", or something generic like that.

**edit** I would also like to see some AM editing tools built in, like an ability to mark a segment on the map or that that may have a UR and you need to drive to the area to check it out. A seprate navigation list to have waze take you there or a pop up reminder to have you check it out or map it if you are in the area.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
Kuhlkatz wrote:WME _REALLY_ needs the ability to add some custom text or note to a UR that gets closed.

I feel like an idiot closing URs where I cannot say I fixed the 'Incorrect Routing' report of a user, especially if I know Waze routed him/her OFF of the main route due to slow traffic at an intersection or segment somewhere ahead on the road they were following.

At least then I can indicate briefly why it is 'Not Identified', as this is not a map problem. I can also then suggest as part of the UR 'fix report' that the user gets, that he / she maybe should try to follow the Waze suggested route next time, as that would likely have saved them lots of time and frustration.

There is a third option being worked on now, with the possiblility of a two way communication in the future.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by tibble
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
tweissin wrote:One thing that irks me every time I hear it is the incorrect grammar when it says

"drive safe"

I always follow up with "ly" in my head or out loud. It should be a simple fix... Just rerecord it.
Waze uses spoken-English phrases which are not technically dramatically correct, but are "normal" and in common use. "Take a right" instead of "turn right" is also used.

This shortening of "safely" and using "safe" as an adverb is exactly like saying "drive fast," "travel light," "run deep," "fall short," or "aim high" to name just a few phrases which are completely accepted, yet not completely dramatically correct. ("Feel bad" is correct but not "feel badly.")

I say we just not worry about it, and if Waze wants to re-record it or change the TTS phrase, they can.

The one that reaaaaally bugs me is "In half a mile, get ready to turn right", i'm turning in a half a mile, if i wait until then to get ready i'll miss the turn. It should be "In half a mile, turn right" or "Get ready to turn right in a half a mile"
tibble
Send a message
Area Manager: South Eastern PA, USA
Waze Beta 3.7.2.993 - iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png

Post by toddmbc
I'd like an option to have a slim "Now Playing" banner across the top that displays currently Artist - Track playing in the iPod app.
toddmbc
Send a message

Post by toggeli
I'd like to see
- POIs as in other GPS-apps (show on map, import, export, custom POI's etc)
- map color scheme customization

Thomas
toggeli
Send a message

Post by twarnick
For Safer Driving
I'd like to see:

When you are driving at freeway speeds in putting a roadway report is not convenient or safe. If there is a hazard in the roadway, your attention needs to be on avoiding that object, not grabbing the phone to report it.

So it Would be Great to be able to go back along your route after you are stopped or at your destination
& find place on route & in put report by Selecting (with a finger tap or something) place on map where "xyz" happened.
- Whether it be road construction or blockage of some sort in roadway -- to alert others to plan for detour. Or whatever the need may be for that particular situation.
- To select place on map WithOut the Need of having GPS on / location services available.
twarnick
Send a message

Post by tweissin
One thing that irks me every time I hear it is the incorrect grammar when it says

"drive safe"

I always follow up with "ly" in my head or out loud. It should be a simple fix... Just rerecord it.
tweissin
Send a message

Post by umopapisdn
fvbommel wrote:
Sophysdad wrote:- a simple compass on the map screen showing north. This would greatly enhance situational awareness.
This exists but is not shown by default. See this post.
i've wanted a compass too, but something more like this: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54210034/compass.jpg

user configurable as to whether it shows up as degrees or cardinal, or shows up at all.
umopapisdn
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
--
umopapisdn
armchair cartographer
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Area Manager for most of Central and Southern Indiana; LAM INDOT Vincennes District.
https://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/421565.png

Post by WeeeZer14
G-No wrote:I dunno if it's been suggested but i'd like to see something like yelp integrated to be able to add points of interest and rate them 1-5 stars with a brief description like places to eat, service stations, bars, and anything else would be awesome. Especially giving points to wazers who stop and eat or use the services and rate them as well. Would be especially useful for wazers who travel a lot and don't know there way around the new places could find the best place to eat fast.
Is what you are thinking of significantly different from the current Yelp integration? I haven't really used Yelp or the Yelp results in Waze myself so I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by WeeeZer14
dioptrija wrote:Ability to chose what kind of transportation is used when using waze. For example, if I use bicycle waze will not alert everybody around me about traffic jam on my route. :oops: :mrgreen:
This has been asked for before and is probably very low on the priority list. RIght now, as built, Waze is for use in private passenger vehicles. Not bicycles. Not busses. Not trains. Not airplanes. Not boats (unless a ferry). No one can stop someone from doing that, but all it does is mess up Waze for everyone else. (Is that traffic just from someone on a bicycle? Is the LACK of traffic because of the commuter rail line next to the highway?)
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator