Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by ditchi56
If you're tinkering with this script, I would very much appreciate being able to filter by age of last comment.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Twister-UK wrote:2.7 finally includes support for UR comments
Many thanks. Just one gripe / bug report:

I think "hide if last comment made less than nn days ago" should only hide UR's which do actually have a comment. At present it's hiding UR's with no comment too (presumably only if they're less than nn days old, although I haven't checked this).
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
A bug, although I shan't be surprised if it turns out to be in Waze code rather than your script...
This UR has one comment, a fact which WME recognises. However LMUR continues to show it has having no comments.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Hi Twister,

Could you please add filter options for CLOSURE etc to LMUR, thereby bringing it back into line URO+?

Thanks,
Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Twister-UK wrote:2.10 includes filtering of all the custom tagged URs recently added to URO+...

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1948-livemap-ur-overlay
Greasyfork is still coming up with v2.9
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Enhancement request: could LMUR have an option to show only UR's for which the reporter has given a description (i.e. hide UR's with no description, just like URO+ does)?

Edit: and a second request, could it please have the ability to show UR's which I am not following, again like URO+?

Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Quite often, I get the message "Unable to access UR/problem data on server". The only option offered is to press "OK", whereupon it tries again and probably hits the same problem. I usually end up closing the tab.

I'm not sure whether this is under your control, but would it be possible to allow users to shrink the map area or otherwise alter their LMUR options before it tries again. Perhaps the "enabled" box in the highest window could be automatically unchecked when this message appears?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Twister-UK wrote:This problem has always been lurking in the background ready to strike at times when the Waze servers are bogged down, but it now seems to have been exacerbated by the introduction of PUR support, as each server request is now pulling down a hell of a lot more data than almost ever used to be the case - even in areas where URs are spreading like measles, chances are they're still outnumbered by the sheer volume of PURs being generated now.
There may be a partial quick fix, assuming that PUR's are contributing to the problem. I'm getting this problem with PUR filtering disabled; does LMUR load PUR data regardless of whether it's required?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Twister-UK wrote:the present code is far from optimal it did at least seem to work well enough to be released into the wild...
No worries, I'm sure you've got more important things to do.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
A request: could a filter by age be added for Place Updates please?

I think it ought to be possible since the age of each place update requests appears when the cursor hovers over it. My reason for asking is that I prefer to concentrate on roads and let others deal with places, and this seems to work most of the time. But if there's a place update in my AM area which is more than a week or so old, I'll do it myself - if I can spot it.

Ideally I'd like the same for Map Problems, but I'm not sure the data is there to make that possible?

Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message