Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by sh4nce
htc Hero with official Android 2.1 release
jabra SP700
Opel Astra Break (soon to be replaced by BMW X1)
no holder yet, will need one for the bmw since I didn't get gps on it.
sh4nce
Send a message

Post by shalafi
standing out from the iPhone crowd ^_^ my setup is in my signature, charger+mount is cheapo eBay stuff
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by shalafi
::resurrects thread::

;)
shalafi
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Sidewalk
Samsung Omnia, plugged into sound blocking headphones and shoved into my pocket.

Vehicle is mostly my borrowed '99 Virago 535. That is broken right now, so I am borrowing my wifes VStar since she broke her leg crashing it last month :D

I lack in any street legal cars or motorcycles.
housert wrote:Alfa Romeo 147 1.9 JTD Squadra tuned
Do you watch Top Gear?
Sidewalk
Send a message
DroidX

Post by Sidewalk
robin1979 wrote:No, they are not selling cause nobody's buying them. You can get them for free during lotteries :D .
As a person preparing to pay $2500 USD to rebuild the transmission with less then 100,000 miles, I find this humorous :lol:

Wife's PT Loser
Sidewalk
Send a message
DroidX

Post by sjaakmans
I drive a Opel Vectra 1994.

And a G1 with android 1.6, cyanogenmod, and T-Mobile.

Tomorrow i have to go to my work and will add some roads :)
sjaakmans
Send a message

Post by sketch
I like your style! :D

Not only do we have the same car, we also have the same phone and the same car mount. I can't remember who makes my car charger, I think it's Griffin, but it has a neat lit ring on it that shows red, orange, or green depending on charge status. I'm using the car's built-in Bluetooth for voice calls and a standard 3.5mm cable for audio into the car's Aux-IN port.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
mitchejj wrote:
sketch wrote:I like your style! :D

Not only do we have the same car, we also have the same phone and the same car mount. I can't remember who makes my car charger, I think it's Griffin, but it has a neat lit ring on it that shows red, orange, or green depending on charge status. I'm using the car's built-in Bluetooth for voice calls and a standard 3.5mm cable for audio into the car's Aux-IN port.
I was using the Aux-IN port via the 3.5mm cable however from time to time I would get way to much static when the I had the phone charging... I had one of those value chargers, so I upgraded in hopes that was the problem, I also upgraded the 3.5mm cable... and bought ferrite clips for the cables... I considered a few other options but in the end the Jabra BT3030 was a great fit... I could also use it in the gym and keep my phone safe in a locker.

BTW love the charger status light...
Ah yes, the dreaded ground loop. I don't know if it's the new charger, the arrangement of the cables, or the car, but with my new charger I've never gotten this interference. For what it's worth, I ran Waze on a family trip in my mother's CX-9, and there was quite a lot of interference.

That BT3030 sounds very cool -- having one less cable to plug in is always welcome, but I'm worried that calls through it wouldn't work out too nicely. The iPhone doesn't accept more than one handsfree at a time, does it?

Also, I think I remember you saying you had your windshield mount in that little front side window? I think I tried that and found the phone a bit too far away, but I might give it another shot.

And, yeah, the charge status is cool, but having Waze running all the time, all I ever see is orange :roll:
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
paulk wrote:
Ah yes, the dreaded ground loop. I don't know if it's the new charger, the arrangement of the cables, or the car, but with my new charger I've never gotten this interference. For what it's worth, I ran Waze on a family trip in my mother's CX-9, and there was quite a lot of interference.
I have a 2007 Yaris that's been plagued by this when my iPhone's plugged in the the car's Aux jack and the charger's in use. As I've just discovered Waze, I had more incentive to find a solution so I can keep the charger plugged in. Picked up a "ground loop isolator" from Radio Shack, and the buzz is gone! :-)
Nice! I discovered back when I worked at the Toyota dealership last year that there's a TSB (Toyota Service Bulletin) out for the ground loop on certain models from the '06 and '07 model years. If your Yaris is still under warranty, and if you go into the dealer service department, tell them you get a static noise while charging and listening to your iPhone at the same time, and they should fix you up with an in-dash ground loop filter, covered by warranty!

I say "should" because I'm not sure how good your particular dealership is about checking TSBs and all that. I wouldn't mention the bulletin to the service writer at first, though, because a lot of them get mad about things people get fixed just because the internet says they can. Maybe ask something more like, "Are there any recalls about it?" or "Have you heard this kind of thing before?"
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
robin1979 wrote:2010 Honda Civic - (Pictures)
iPhone 3.1.2 - non-jailbroken
USB connection to the Honda SatNav/Audio/Charger
Aww, damn, you Europeans get the cool Civic!
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message