waze auto-reroute plans

Post by whatever2015
what are waze's plans concerning auto-reroute around traffic and incidents.

several months ago waze would re-route around traffic extremely well. now it seems like it only focuses on routing you based on the average road speeds. this is still a feature that i like but an auto-reroute (improved or like it use to be) would be wonderful.
Using it as a tool to just notice traffic and i have to decide how to route around it is just like all the other gps apps.
my magellan has a detour feature when it warns me of traffic. if waze doesn't plan on incorporating auto-rerouting around traffic and incidents, then at least provide us with a detour button.
Driving off-route and waiting for waze to recalculate for some reason takes too long while two other gps's I use it is really quick when having driven off route.
whatever2015

POSTER_ID:6797178

Send a message

Post by whatever2015
maybe there is some kind of bug.

on a freeway yesterday, there was a long line of red showing traffic. i set a destination in the area to see if waze would guide me around it. (and yes it was in the proper direction of travel).

Sure enough, it didn't guide me around it. When I clicked on "routes" the red area didn't show up in the "preview" of the traffic on the routes.
But the red traffic did show up when looking on the actual map.

as a result, i think this is some kind of bug, because in the past, waze would almost always guide around traffic no problems.

i hope waze and co. can figure this out and fix it.
whatever2015
Send a message