questions

Post by dhageuk
1. santa rosa (ne)? why add ne? kind of confusing?

2. i saw hwys with alternative names in parentheses? and alternative names with no cities? why?
dhageuk

POSTER_ID:726024

Send a message

Post by dhageuk
oh i see... tamad magbasa ng ibang post hahaha...
too messy though...
dhageuk
Send a message

Post by dhageuk
alternatives names.. searchable sya... tapos lumabas.. name lng and no matching city... i think its a good practice to add cities
dhageuk
Send a message

Post by rsoriano23
Good day! new user here, I just want to ask how to join waze groups via blackberry? on the main menu, once you clicked groups nothing happens. I tried to uninstall the app then reinstall it afterwards and yet nothing happens :(
rsoriano23
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
dhageuk wrote:1. santa rosa (ne)? why add ne? kind of confusing?

2. i saw hwys with alternative names in parentheses? and alternative names with no cities? why?
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=315&t=34427

as stated in the link above, a problem with CITY labels/names came up eventually.
the WME started returning errors stating "The highlighted road is too far from the city it was added to." because the STATE (Province) label is not activated in the INTL SERVER.

this was consulted with the waze team and currently cannot give a direct solution for this issue and instead gave examples of temporary work arounds other countries did... by attaching suffixes.

compiling the names of cities/municipalities and provinces of the Philippines, this was the quickest alternative that was whiffed up. there are 124 city/municipalities that repeats into 361. SAN JOSE alone repeats 10 times or is present in 10 provinces. (kindly refer to the link above)

waze said that as soon as the STATE(province) would be fixed, this would address the issue.

if you're referring to the "N1 : Pan-Philippine (Maharlika) Hwy", Pan-Philippine is the official name but is referred to locally as Maharlika so it had to be inserted as such.

the alternate names with no city labels wouldn't reflect on the client app and was left without.
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
proud member of TEAM APAC! (formerly S.E.A.)

Pinoy wazers... join the Pinoy waze community on Facebook

Post by SpeedDzel
at first santa rosa, nueva ecija would not accept the name because santa rosa, laguna already existed in the servers. the alternative was to attach the suffix (NE) for the server to differentiate the two city/municipality using the official name Santa Rosa.
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
compiling the cities/municipalities and attaching suffixes was the only immediate work around viable to maintain uniformity and semblance of a common convention for the time being to give deference to the other editors that would encounter this issue until waze would be able to rectify it.
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
eh eh eh... :mrgreen:

tama ka bro.. problema lang kasi nag-umpisa na gumulo mga pangalan kaya kinailangan na gawan ng first aid. yun na ang kinabagsakan nya. :(

kinunsulta ko sa waze ang problema, ang tugon naman nila yung mga example sa bucharest, at ibang mga city sa europe... kaya sabi ko, ok, gawan na lang namin ng paraan pansamantala na hindi pa gumagana ang STATE(Province) label natin..

may PDF file yang listahan na yan bro for reference..
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WazePhilippines/files/

;)
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
dhageuk wrote:alternatives names.. searchable sya... tapos lumabas.. name lng and no matching city... i think its a good practice to add cities
ah... sige, ayusin din yung mga segment ng major roads na yan ;)
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
sa kaso naman ni Pan-Philippine at Maharlika.. gawa ng maskilala si Pan sa ngalang maharlika. pero ang opisyal naman ay Pan.. halo halo ang label nung umpisa kaya para pag-galang naman sa mga naka pag edit na, pinag sama na lang sila.
:D
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message