Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by SkodaRunner
Hi,
I'm using Waze 3.5.0.0 on iPhone 4s (iOS 6.0.1).
I'm using voice direction in spanish (Español LATAM (Paulina) or Español (Monica)).
When approaching the destination the voice feedback speaks in a freaky spanglish "Y-O-U are near your destination", instead of the corresponding spanish "Estás llegando a tu destino".

Thanks.

Marco.

I have same "problem". I´m using voice direction in German and hear that freakly "Y-O-U are near your destination".
I still have the problem with french-english parts "Y-O-U are near your destination" in german sound viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30575&start=270#p285205
SkodaRunner
Send a message

Post by SkodaRunner
Can you make WAZE louder? I think it´s much too low.
Other Navigation-Apps (e.g. Navigon) are much louder.

IPhone 3GS with OS 6.1
SkodaRunner
Send a message

Post by stevecody
Problem resolved
1. Missing segments - My road segments that were consistently missing in 3.5 have reappeared and the "Proceed to highlighted route" is no longer appearing when driving over those segments.
2. Day/Night Autoswitch - This problem actually resolved itself prior to the 3.5.1 update, but it is currently resolved.

Problem persists
1. When tapping on a Wazer on the map, their information popup is still off screen. I must scroll the screen down to view their information.
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by stevecody
My missing segments problem has returned. It disappeared for 2 days and then returned this morning for the exact same segments as in my posting here:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31262
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by stickytree
Any chance that the auto day/night mode bug will be fixed. It seems to think its still night until mid morning. It seems to work ok at the end of the day.
S
stickytree
Send a message

Post by stickytree
stickytree wrote:Any chance that the auto day/night mode bug will be fixed. It seems to think its still night until mid morning. It seems to work ok at the end of the day.
S
bump
stickytree
Send a message

Post by stickytree
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
stickytree wrote:
stickytree wrote:Any chance that the auto day/night mode bug will be fixed. It seems to think its still night until mid morning. It seems to work ok at the end of the day.
S
bump
Probably location specific. It works great for me.
How does this feature work? Does it just use your location and time and compares it to some astronomical database?
S
stickytree
Send a message

Post by TigPT
I didn't found a topic or category for Feature request, so here it is.

Split this post if this is not the right place for it.

Feature Request: Simple speed limit indicator. Is always useful if not annoying and here is my suggestion.

If (waze know current road speed limit) and if (current speed is above current road speed limit) then (change the velocimeter image to one with the proibit sign or something like that).

Reverse this if speed is below or if enter a road of unknown speed limit.
TigPT
Send a message

Post by TigPT
Well the info is available based on map editor crowdsourced but yes, it can't be 100% reliable, but thats is true for maps and other info on waze.
TigPT
Send a message

Post by timesplitter88
iPhone 5 AT&T
iOS 6.0.1
Waze 3.5.1

When I was using 3.5, the app would crash sporadically, sometimes would claim there was no internet connection when the phone was already getting a signal. 2 days later 3.5.1 is released, i figure this would fix the problem. It in fact made the situation worse.
No matter what i am doing in Waze, the app crashes within a minute or two of being used. I can be navigating, I can just have it open to the map, no matter what, it just crashes and goes back to the springboard.
I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, force closed it from the task manager, rebooted my phone several times... Heck the only thing i havent done is wipe out my phone and start over. This is incredibly frustrating. What bothers me the most is that i showed the app to my girlfriend which has the same setup as mine (except she has verizon), and Waze works 100% fine for her. Now she cant stop using it!

I love the concept of Waze, it would really help me with my commute to my job, i just wish it WORKED on my phone!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

**EDIT: Yes I have already submitted logs and emailed them. I just havent gotten a response yet.
timesplitter88
Send a message