The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by OhioStMusicMan
Has anyone else been having issues with getting alternate names to stay after putting them in? I've been having to double-check saves and going back over the past couple days because the alternate name didn't save. It's been happening on single segment edits as well as multiple segment edits for me...
OhioStMusicMan
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by OhioStMusicMan
jasonh300 wrote:
ohiostmusicman wrote:Has anyone else been having issues with getting alternate names to stay after putting them in? I've been having to double-check saves and going back over the past couple days because the alternate name didn't save. It's been happening on single segment edits as well as multiple segment edits for me...
You know you have to hit Apply when entering an Alt name? I never forget to hit Apply with regular street and city names, but I tend to catch myself not doing it with the Alternate names. Different thought process I guess.
I have been hitting apply - that's what's weird. I really have the issues when fixing both the regular name and alt name at the same time. In order to get the alt name I want I have to change the regular name first, hit apply, then go back and edit the alt name, hit apply and it sticks. Most times at least...
OhioStMusicMan
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Olestas
New automated wrong route report is almost useless as I see it. It gives too short routes.. impossible to understand what happened there.
Without final destination its useless.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
And.. we do not have "not a problem" definition. We have "Open Solved Not identified"
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Another thing about newcomers:
almost every week someone new comes to edit maps, and most of them draw road segments without editing CITY/STREET part. That leaves all road segments RED and UNUSABLE, and they do not understand that. I am tired of PMing every new editor with explanation how to edit roads so they work. One user edited whole city with new roads and also changed existing... and all where red - without CITY/STREET edited.
Just make so newly drawn segments have either none/none there or are not allowed to be finished without editing the fields.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
As I understood, red roads do not appear on map at all and are unusable.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Cannot edit house numbers in some segment whatever I do. Hope they will change the system or get other sources for house number data for INTL.
This is horrible..
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Last edited by Olestas on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Olestas
Hmm.. I thought it was NA only :D
But I just successfully edited 3 streets... Ok then. Will wait for better thing.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Yep, "sharks" or "mustaches" everywhere under diacritics.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by PalmettoC
Ok. Quick clarification on the edit limits... For example, if I create a new 4-way intersection, that is approximately 3-4 edits, correct? Then if I set the turn allowance for all directions, is that one edit, or is it 12. I can see this adding up quickly if that is how they are calculated and you have to create or edit several intersections.
PalmettoC
Send a message