Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Options in preferences file

Post by smusekader
Is there a summary of what all options in the preferences file are for?

I use the Windows Mobile Client, and have to change the COM port to use the right GPS receiver, so I actually know what the GPS.Source option is for.

I also noticed, that the GPS.Show GPS coordinates option is quite useful, as it shows you your coordinates on the map, additional to the car, without trying to get them on the nearest road. So sometimes you see, that the car is still on the wrong road, while the point showing your coordinates is on the next road beside the one with the car on it.

Does anyone else know some useful options?
Or is there a developer description of all those options?
smusekader
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:69326

Send a message
Area Manager rund um Leonberg und um Gomaringen/Tübingen

Xperia Go| Android 4.0

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The prefs descriptions haven't been publicized much. The color schemes have been roughly documented in the forum.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by go2stu
I'd like to know this too. Would also like to tweak the night map colors.
go2stu
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
pvaladares wrote:I find the "GPS.Show GPS" quite useful as well :) A nice hidden feature and not documented.
Definitely one of the more useful features. Just a pity it has to be re-enabled after every update / beta install.

It could provide some insight as to why some people get snapped to side-roads instead of where they think they are.

It enables a smaller arrow showing your actual GPS location on the map, in addition to your car icon or arrow.
If this veers off the road, it might just assist to indicate how far to tweak some roads to keep you snapped correctly, assuming the WME GPS layer does not average it out for you.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by pvaladares
smusekader wrote:Is there a summary of what all options in the preferences file are for?

I use the Windows Mobile Client, and have to change the COM port to use the right GPS receiver, so I actually know what the GPS.Source option is for.

I also noticed, that the GPS.Show GPS coordinates option is quite useful, as it shows you your coordinates on the map, additional to the car, without trying to get them on the nearest road. So sometimes you see, that the car is still on the wrong road, while the point showing your coordinates is on the next road beside the one with the car on it.

Does anyone else know some useful options?
Or is there a developer description of all those options?

I find the "GPS.Show GPS" quite useful as well :) A nice hidden feature and not documented.
You may want to check this thread.
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by Suik
tweaking of the prefs file worked till android version 2.4.x :) ... not working since android 3.x.x

EDIT: and the OP was probably speaking of 2.x version - "by smusekader on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:44 pm"
Suik
Send a message
The one that returned
almosthttps://s.waze.tools/s0025.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c3.png
Renault Fluence 2011, 1.6 16V, Samsung GS7 stock Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.18.0.1
FB pg: Waze Slovensko / Twitter: @waze_slovensko / G+: Waze Slovensko