Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

A few things...

Post by Davy_Ray
I had installed Waze last year, but for whatever reason decided i did not like it. I wanted to try it again last night and i want to give it a shot.

When i open Waze the GPS icon on my iphone comes on, of course. However when i minimize the app to go somewhere else the location service stays active. On navigon, it goes away unless i am in navigation mode. That being said, i dont want waze to be always on, ex when i am at home or at work and my phone is not plugged in because leaving location on drain the battery really fast. So i close the app and it goes away. However the next time i open Waze it comes up and tells me that it found a problem and wants to submit a crash report. Why does it do that?

Is it possible to have the location service disable when the app is minimized and i am not actually navigating?

I also used it to drive 10 km or so home. I check my dashboard this morning on the web site and it said i only traveled 4km. I am not sure what is up with that.
Davy_Ray

POSTER_ID:4367485

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
imajica12345 wrote:However the next time i open Waze it comes up and tells me that it found a problem and wants to submit a crash report. Why does it do that?
Because you are not exiting the app correctly by using the Switch Off button in the main menu and then force closing it later. Do it the right way. Waze is not designed, on purpose, like most applications. It is always running GPS and data until you Switch Off.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Davy_Ray
Thanks for the tip. That fixed that problem. :-)
Davy_Ray
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
imajica12345 wrote:So i close the app and it goes away. However the next time i open Waze it comes up and tells me that it found a problem and wants to submit a crash report. Why does it do that?
How exactly are you "closing the app?"
imajica12345 wrote:Is it possible to have the location service disable when the app is minimized and i am not actually navigating?
No.
imajica12345 wrote:I also used it to drive 10 km or so home. I check my dashboard this morning on the web site and it said i only traveled 4km. I am not sure what is up with that.
There are a number of pointers to the forum thread "Where are my points?". Your points and your miles are related. Be sure you are logging on to the correct server.
OldGnome
Send a message