Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Incorrect Routing

Post by jro357
Waze consistently routes me on a street that is closed and doesn't allow through traffic. The map is correct on Waze, and the particular area is not shown as a street on the map. It is in Rockledge, Florida. San Ysidro Way between Orion Way and Wynfield Cir is permanently blocked and not a through street. This is clearly shown on Bing satellite view, but whenever I asked for directions, I'm routed down this street. Help...
jro357

POSTER_ID:13131204

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Please post a Permalink to the area...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
I see you did some editing in the area today... Did you by any chance delete the road after Jan 2 at 9:30am? That's when the edit database was last frozen (and those map tiles pushed out to the client this morning).

Have you tried "Menu -> Settings -> Advanced -> Data Transfer ->Refresh Map of my area"?

That should also probably be mapped as two dead end streets instead of a missing road.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
jro357 wrote:I didn't do any editing after 9:30. Can you explain how to make the streets a dead end?
Let's get one thing working at a time... If the road that doesn't belong doesn't disappear by Saturday, we're going to have to get the staff involved in this one & if we put new roads in it will cause problems...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
The root issue is that Waze sees a road there - connecting Orion Way and Wynfield. Let's make sure that road disappears from the client (and routing) first. Then we can add back in the two dead end streets. If we put them in now and the other road doesn't disappear from the client (and routing), then it will be harder for the Waze Support Staff to diagnose & fix.

If the road is still in the client (and routing) after Saturday, I'll talk to the support staff about this. If the road is no on the client (and routing you properly) after Saturday, I'll show you how to add the two dead-end roads in...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by CBenson
As you say the map is correct in the editor. But the road does show on the client for me.
SanYsidro.jpg
(12.22 KiB) Downloaded 1310 times
You can't tell when a segment is deleted, so either it was deleted today or there is more of a problem here. If the issue remains after the next tile update, I would raise the issue with support though the NanoRep Quick Help box on the support page.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by jro357
Thank You, I will do that.
jro357
Send a message

Post by jro357
I didn't do any editing after 9:30. Can you explain how to make the streets a dead end?
jro357
Send a message

Post by jro357
You may have a misunderstanding. The street is physically there, so that isn't the issue. Apparently the neighborhood complained to the City officials concerning too much traffic on their street, so the City built a permanent road-block on San Ysidro Way between Orion Way and Wynfield thereby not allowing any through traffic. Though one can't drive on San Ysidro Way west from Wynfield, Waze routes me there every time I plan a route based on my starting (home) point. So if dead ends could be made at the road block point, the map would be 100% accurate. Thanks for taking the time to take a look at this.
jro357
Send a message