Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Correcting a roundabaout that is a truly a big junction.

Post by wohi
Hi there.

Every morning i drive over a big junction that mapped as a roundabout and thus waze gives out wrong instructions.
I wanted to correct this now so the instructions would match the actual driving trough that junction, my problem is now that i can not remove the original roundabout part. The delete icon is not highlighted.

Do i have to remove all the connecting roads and build it from scratch up? If that is the way it works i will do it, but i don't want to delete several roads and in the end that segment still refuses to be deleted.

Some side information:
Most people think of that junction as a roundabout, it is even named that way, but in reality it is a overly complicated crossroad. During rush hours it gets so bad that they have up to five police officers there to make it work.

Kind regards wohi
wohi

POSTER_ID:9696256

Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Sounds like it's locked so deleting surrounding roads won't help. Give us a permalink and we can take a look.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
fvwazing wrote:Waze will not have any difficulty counting but the driver may not always recognize how that count relates to real life.
It's a while since I came across one but historically what Iain says is correct.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by fvwazing
Svx-biker worked last on that one, send him a PM with your suggestions.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Waze will not have any difficulty counting but the driver may not always recognize how that count relates to real life.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
dmcconachie wrote:
fvwazing wrote:Waze will not have any difficulty counting but the driver may not always recognize how that count relates to real life.
It's a while since I came across one but historically what Iain says is correct.
Technically correct, yes, having an incoming and an outgoing road from the same node is asking for trouble. Wrong in the sense that Waze does not have "trouble" counting, or does not "care" to give the right instructions. Attributing human emotions to machinery (Anthropomorphism) annoys me. At the same time I do occasionally myself "stray off the path of objectivity" when I get "fooled" by Waze :lol:. Never mind.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by iainhouse
It is likely that, as it is currently set up, the roundabout instructions will not work properly anyway.

On the SW part of the roundabout, the entry and exit are connected to the same junction node. Whilst drivers coming south on Ratswegbrücke will probably correctly get no turn instructions, Waze will have difficulty counting the junctions for anyone on the roundabout section.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by TonyG-UK
Sounds like you don't have permission to delete the roundabout. Post a permalink.
TonyG-UK
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK

Post by wohi
I will try to contact Svx-biker and see if we can find a solution for this.

But although everyone calls this thing a roundabout, there is not a single part of that junction that works like one.
If i am driving south on Ratswegbrücke and i want to go east on Hanauer Landstraße Waze tells me to "take the first exit of the roundabout". Since there are 3 lanes to chose from, and i just have to take the next exit, i will use the right one and by doing that i end up on the autobahn.

This junction a perfect example of bad road planing.
wohi
Send a message