Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Embedding house numbers fix

Post by
wazers of the world!

after a long time and painstaking work, we finally fixed and upgraded the house numbering process.
We ran the process on all the historical house numbers that were submitted but never uploaded, and most of them (64%) were matched properly and should join the map within the next indexing / update (up to 24 hours).

Most of those that failed, failed because the house number wasn't associated with a street (or to a street with no name), or they weren't in a logical sequence. Please check the house numbers you've submitted in the past, and if you notice that some weren't updated even though they are properly matched to a street (can be checked in the details section) or they are in a logical order (trust your senses), please update this post.

thanks!

Dror

POSTER_ID:183514

Send a message

Post by deeggo
Thanks for the update and the hard work!
What colour are the numbers that are correctly safed now? Blue or white?
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
Hurray! I was able to navigate to an address with a house number (blue one) with the client.
deeggo
Send a message
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
House numbers will not be accepted and turn blue, if the Waze server´s logic doesn´t understand the way it´s numbered. You should send an e-mail to alpha@waze.com to let them take a look at it.

I had a problem with a street that was numbered like this (*** is the road).

80, 78 <<<<<<<<<<---------- 64, 62
30, 32 ---------->>>>>>>>>> 58, 60

Waze support is looking into it, to see if they must adjust the logic.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by deeggo
I think the logic is meant to make numbering easier: place a number at one end of the street and one at the other, and all the numbers inbetween are generated automatically. However, it doesn't work like that everywhere...
deeggo
Send a message

Post by FrisbeeDog
I just checked a couple near my house. One I added a while back showed up as blue and the others remained red. I went back and reapproved the red ones, which then turned white.

I'll let you know if they don't turn blue over the next couple of days.
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina

Post by FrisbeeDog
For area managers, can we get a Cartouche layer for house numbers that need approving or an addition to the "Pending" dialog box that will show house numbers that need approval?
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina

Post by FrisbeeDog
Still having issues with house numbers not sticking after approval.

Support: I sent you a PM with details.
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor

Post by FrisbeeDog
krankyd wrote:
RallyChris wrote:What needs to be done to fix ones that fail validation because of bad house numbering at the end of the segments? Or better yet, how do we fix 0 house numbers at the end of segments?

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... TFFFFFTTTT

I presume that this one is red because the updated house number is not between 0 - 9310
Hi Chris - the range of the street is ignored in the new house number scheme.
The problem here is that there's another house number (which was already approved) down the street. The azimuth and street are the same for the red house number, but its right_addr is odd (7143) rather then even below (9458).
Here's the one that was approved: http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... TFFFFFTTTT
If you change this one, it should also fix the new house number (which is currently in red).

thanks
Can you check the numbers in the PM I sent? The are all logical (even vs. odd on the same side of the street) and are all accurate.
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor

Post by krankyd
just so we're all in sync:
Blue house numbers mean that they were approved and should be available for search / routing.
White ones mean that they are waiting to be fixed (on the daily procedure) - the next day (assuming the process went through) they should turn to blue, or turn to red - if they were not approved.
Red ones are either rejected ones, or house numbers that were not approved yet. When you save house numbers (on the cartouche) they will turn white, and hopefully the next day - turn blue.

If they go back to red for no apparent reason - please post here with examples.

Chris - I'm checking your question and will let you all know as soon as I have some conclusions.

thanks!
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by krankyd
RallyChris wrote:What needs to be done to fix ones that fail validation because of bad house numbering at the end of the segments? Or better yet, how do we fix 0 house numbers at the end of segments?

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... TFFFFFTTTT

I presume that this one is red because the updated house number is not between 0 - 9310
Hi Chris - the range of the street is ignored in the new house number scheme.
The problem here is that there's another house number (which was already approved) down the street. The azimuth and street are the same for the red house number, but its right_addr is odd (7143) rather then even below (9458).
Here's the one that was approved: http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... TFFFFFTTTT
If you change this one, it should also fix the new house number (which is currently in red).

thanks
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane