Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by AndyPoms
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Thanks for the merge.
AndyPoms wrote:Once you are connected on the app, the dashboard will reflect that fact.
Actually, this is not the case, at least not for me. I'm definitely connected to fb in the app, but the Dashboard does not reflect this. I don't really care about the dashboard part because I can see it is actually connected. The website page isn't working properly and I really don't know why people care. There's nothing to "do" after it shows connected on the web. There's no additional functionality which is missing. The app side is the only part which matters.
Does your dashboard look like the image below after connecting? If so, Waze & Facebook at connected and the link is good to go.
facebookconnect.jpg
(5.89 KiB) Downloaded 3102 times
I actually connected my Waze & Facebook using the app after this issue started and it seems fine.

Also, Alan, there was a time after version 3.5 (both platforms) came out that Waze asked us all to re-connect our Waze & Facebook accounts (if we wanted) because a change led to a disconnection for all users.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by daftpaul
Is not working yet. :C
daftpaul
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
felipeedwards wrote:Hi Andy. Thanks for your answer, but it isnt helpful. To make the facebook conection is the problem. I keep triying different browsers but fail
thnks
But have you tried within the app itself?
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by felipeedwards
Same problem here.... seems nobody cares
felipeedwards
Send a message

Post by felipeedwards
Hi Andy. Thanks for your answer, but it isnt helpful. To make the facebook conection is the problem. I keep triying different browsers but fail
thnks
felipeedwards
Send a message

Post by gary_vm
I have the same problem as well, I can't see anything on the web that is related to my FB account, on my mobile it works fine, but it's useless on the web
gary_vm
Send a message

Post by grayxxab
I have the same issue. It has caused me to not get credit for a few of my friends that I referred to Waze as well. :x
grayxxab
Send a message

Post by jerickson1075
I have a similar problem to rest of you. For me, Facebook will not properly link to Waze on my SG3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Waze and Facebook apps, I have cleared the cache, I have cleared the data, followed just about every help topic I could find and still no FB connectivity to Waze on my phone. I even like Waze so much that I completely wiped my phone in an attempt to fix this (out of desperation, not stupidity). None of it worked.

I believe what happened is I broke the connection when I killed unknown sessions on my FB account. This seems to be about the same time I started noticing my Waze pic and my FB friends list no longer visible on my phone. The account works perfectly fine, other than the FB connectivity.

My theory - I killed the session and the Waze app isn't smart enough to realize that I killed it. Facebook sees this connection as an unwanted connection. But, the Waze app on my phone thinks everything is working normally.

Can someone from Waze check the code to see if it can updated to check for an authorized session each time - and if there is not one, to reauthentice?

Let me know, please. This is driving me nuts. Plus, I am very curious about the fix.

Thanks!
jerickson1075
Send a message

Post by jkoopmann
Same here. Not working. Had to look into the FAQ to figure out "world.waze.com" as well. However points are not there at all and facebook connect does not even show...
jkoopmann
Send a message

Post by kendewey
Has anyone been able to get the facebook connect to work via their browswer? My ios App works great but can't connect via my browser on my mac. I read the other threads and haven't found any help.
kendewey
Send a message