Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by deeggo
Hi Hooijack,

don't know about that one. Did you try changing any of the other parameters with font in the name in the same file? The comment button says Comm.. for me too.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
Majumdar wrote:Any way of upgrading from 1.8.0 to this version without losing my current Favorite and Saved locations ?

If I recall, we lose all saved settings - most important for me are the Favorites & Saved Locations...
No problem, i think the new version uses the files from the older version. But, to be sure, you need to back up the files as I described in this thread.
deeggo
Send a message
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
After several days with the new client and many hours of continuous usage without crash, 1.9.99.301 crashed on me today. :(

It happened at the end of my trip. I closed down Flitsnav (an app that warns for speed cams) first, while Waze was still running, like I always do. The menu of Flitsnav, that opens with the bottom right softkey, normally has the normal WinMo layout, like most programs have. Now, the Flitsnav menu had a Waze layout (Waze menu colours, rounder edges like the Waze app menu, slightly different location on screen). Then, when Flitsnav was closed, Waze came up again, but the phone was frozen and Waze didn't respond.

I've seen this behaviour before, also in the older clients like 1.8.0. I've soft reset the device, restarted Waze and sent logs, so I hope the devs can make something from my description.

Still I must say, this client is far more stable than previous ones.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by deeggo
A minor bug: I have to push the cross app. 4 times to close the application. The other times the cross reacts by showing a white background briefly, but doesn't pop up the close dialogue.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by deeggo
There are two versions, one for VGA and one for WVGA. Have you tried both?
deeggo
Send a message

Post by Gman65
svache wrote:
The Fej wrote:New version that bring Symbian up to par with the planned 1.10 line release.
You do mean Windows Mobile, I hope?
They are cabs so I think you are good to go, I for one am all over this...lol
Be Stable, Be Stable, Be Stable....
Gman65
Send a message
T-Mobile HD2 Energy Leo 23569 Sense 2.5 Cookie Dinik Glass 6/11/10
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2
NRG EnergyROM 23547 Leo CookieMonster Edition 03/17/10
Gen Y DualBoot XDAndroid 2.01 03/01/10
Waze Beta 1.9.99.301 WVGA WinMo Touch

Post by Gman65
First results, installed and let it sit for 60 mins no problem. Then drove 80 mins no issues even when call came in, and I made reports about construction on the interstate 15 north and south bound. Happy with the first days run. Thanks for the speedy update.... Will keep ya posted
Gman65
Send a message
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2

Post by Gman65
Second day only 20 or so miles no freezes, I am very happy so far. Tomorrow will be 190 mile run, but if the first two days are any indication... I think it will do just fine. Thanks for the update :D
Gman65
Send a message
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2

Post by Gman65
Day 3 Not even a hiccup, now I am excited. 180 mile trip today calls, reports no problems.
Thanks Wazes.
Gman65
Send a message
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2

Post by HMF512
When will we see the new Version for Windows Mobile? anyone knows?
HMF512
Send a message