New Windows Mobile beta version 1.9.99.301

Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Moderator: Unholy

Re: New Windows Mobile beta version 1.9.99.301

Postby bobnuts » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Sadly, I have to report that this version locks up on my PDA a little more often than the previous beta.

For the record, here is my scenario.

Using the legacy hardware as in my signature I commute to work using the local Motorway (Freeway). As part of my end of work day 'detox' I like to commute home via the country back roads and small villages.

Waze Version 1.8.99.202 would get me to work in the morning without locking up but would always lock up after 15mins driving on my way home at the end of the day.

Waze Version 1.9.99.301 locks up after 15mins both going to and coming home from work

The other thing to note is that Waze never predicts my morning journey to work but always prompts me for the trip home through the back roads in the evening.

Hope this helps

Richard

Update:

Just returned from a drive around my local area to snap up some Worldcup football goodies. Waze Version 1.9.99.301 was locking up every 5 minutes or so. I had to warm reboot PDA everytime. So this version is not usable for me. I am going back to Waze Version 1.8.99.202 for the time being. :cry:
bobnuts

Postby deeggo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi Hooijack,

don't know about that one. Did you try changing any of the other parameters with font in the name in the same file? The comment button says Comm.. for me too.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby hooijack » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:41 pm

deeggo wrote:
deeggo wrote:The font size can be changed manually. Open the file \Program Files\Waze\preferences with notepad on your desktop computer (save a copy to be sure). Search for the line "Navigation Bar.Street Small Font: 17" and change the value from 17 to 14. Copy back to your device and start Waze. There are other parameters there that mention font. I didn't have time to see what they do.

Just to clarify: this edit only changes the size of the streetname in the navigation bar. And, it does it only when the name is long. So, when the streetname of the next navigation instruction is short, the client shows it with the normal big font. But, when the streetname is to long to fit in the screen, it will resize to the minimum of 14. If that isn't small enough for you, you could try a smaller value of 12 for instance.

Hi deeggo,
Thanks! But I was hoping to change the font size for comments instead. Comments are most of the time useless because I can only see first 2-3 words instead of the whole comment.
hooijack

Postby deeggo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:47 am

deeggo wrote:The font size can be changed manually. Open the file \Program Files\Waze\preferences with notepad on your desktop computer (save a copy to be sure). Search for the line "Navigation Bar.Street Small Font: 17" and change the value from 17 to 14. Copy back to your device and start Waze. There are other parameters there that mention font. I didn't have time to see what they do.

Just to clarify: this edit only changes the size of the streetname in the navigation bar. And, it does it only when the name is long. So, when the streetname of the next navigation instruction is short, the client shows it with the normal big font. But, when the streetname is to long to fit in the screen, it will resize to the minimum of 14. If that isn't small enough for you, you could try a smaller value of 12 for instance.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Gman65 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Day 3 Not even a hiccup, now I am excited. 180 mile trip today calls, reports no problems.
Thanks Wazes.
Gman65

Postby MastersCar » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi.
This new version is compatible with Windows Mobile 5?
I currently use version 1.8.0 and I tried to install this new version but soon after the start tells me that it is impossible to continue the installation. Tips?
Thank you.

EDIT:
I resolved manually removing the folder containing the old version and install the new. I have already noticed the increased speed of execution of the various menus.
MastersCar

Postby deeggo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:38 pm

hooijack wrote:It'll be superb if we have the option to change the font size. Font size too big for my small screen. The "Comment" button has become "Comm.." on my device.
Other than that, all good! :D

The font size can be changed manually. Open the file \Program Files\Waze\preferences with notepad on your desktop computer (save a copy to be sure). Search for the line "Navigation Bar.Street Small Font: 17" and change the value from 17 to 14. Copy back to your device and start Waze. There are other parameters there that mention font. I didn't have time to see what they do.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby deeggo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:55 am

Today it was stable again, during my 1,5 hour trip. I didn't experience the problems urax describes.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby urax » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:02 am

is it only me or does the routeplanning act wierd when it tries to "calculate new route" (which it does sometimes) and no matter how short my trip is i get the message "cannot plan longer trips than 200miles".. hmmm am i doing it wrong?
urax

Postby hooijack » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:20 am

It'll be superb if we have the option to change the font size. Font size too big for my small screen. The "Comment" button has become "Comm.." on my device.
Other than that, all good! :D
hooijack

PreviousNext

Return to Official announcements