Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Embedding house numbers fix

Post by support
wazers of the world!

after a long time and painstaking work, we finally fixed and upgraded the house numbering process.
We ran the process on all the historical house numbers that were submitted but never uploaded, and most of them (64%) were matched properly and should join the map within the next indexing / update (up to 24 hours).

Most of those that failed, failed because the house number wasn't associated with a street (or to a street with no name), or they weren't in a logical sequence. Please check the house numbers you've submitted in the past, and if you notice that some weren't updated even though they are properly matched to a street (can be checked in the details section) or they are in a logical order (trust your senses), please update this post.

thanks!

Dror
support
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:183514

Send a message

Post by MarkOnTheRoads
support wrote:Most of those that failed, failed because the house number wasn't associated with a street (or to a street with no name),

*Blast of music in the background as U2 belts out "Where the streets have no name"* 8-)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. The song popped into my head as soon as I read that sentence.
MarkOnTheRoads
Send a message
Nexus 5X
Murfreesboro, TN

Post by QuickOK
Went back and updated house numbers. Hopefully - fingers crossed - all goes well and I'll be able to add all house numbers within my area. Thanks for the hard work guys/gals.
QuickOK
Send a message

Post by QuickOK
Hello Support.
I spent an entire day driving around Primary Back roads entering house numbers. I did this to stay out of the city and I manually entered the house numbers directly from the Waze Client in front of each house, so really it's "on-the-ground" validated information. I've included a Superpermalink to the area that I worked on. Some were accepted while most were rejected.

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=1&l ... TFFFFFTTTT

Most of the rejected house numbers were residential streets or #'s not on Primary Roads.

Also, when entering the house numbers through the update details button in the Waze Client, does it matter if the "#" sign is still there when entering the house number such as i.e #10711?

Thanks
QuickOK
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
What needs to be done to fix ones that fail validation because of bad house numbering at the end of the segments? Or better yet, how do we fix 0 house numbers at the end of segments?

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... TFFFFFTTTT

I presume that this one is red because the updated house number is not between 0 - 9310
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by Rytis
Why are numbers 3, 4 and 5 rejected? I don't see any problems with them...

http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=4 ... TTTFFFTTTT
Rytis
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message
Phone: Motorola Defy
Car: Ford Focus 2011

Post by samex99
It must be blue. I just navigate to an adress with correct housenumber. In the Cartouche they are saved as blue. Perfect!
samex99
Send a message

Post by TK80866
Now the dash in the housenumbers and I can finally add housenumbers also :D
TK80866
Send a message
Had a lot of outdated stuff here.. I should be more active, I guess ;)

Post by TK80866
Well.. I don't know if it is me but about a week ago, when the message came that it was fixed, I re-approved a couple of house numbers that were still red, they turned white and when I checked again today, they were red again..

The location is here: http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=5&l ... TFFFFFTTTT

Any idea what the reason for this could be?

And yes, I still need dashes to be added to housenumbers, but at the time I added these, I figured to add housenumbers so people could at least have a way to navigate, just by using the housenumbers without dashes. The dash missing couldn't be why they got turned back red by the system because there are a couple of blue ones and they should have been denied as well in that case.

edit: and no, this is not the best work, I've been meaning to re-allign everything and continue once the dashes in housenumbers would be available.. thing is, however, back when I added these numbers, I did not have any aerials available and I was working with google maps next to me, so mostly just by guessing where the houses exactly were.
TK80866
Send a message

Post by TK80866
Ok, Ill send them an email instead.. kinda thought they would be seeing it here as well lol :)

Kind odd it has to have logic.. I have seen so many examples in my life before where streets and their housenumbers didn't have any logic... it should be possible, imho, to place any housenumber on any spot of the road.
TK80866
Send a message