New Windows Mobile beta version 1.9.99.301

Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Moderator: Unholy

Re: New Windows Mobile beta version 1.9.99.301

Postby MastersCar » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi.
This new version is compatible with Windows Mobile 5?
I currently use version 1.8.0 and I tried to install this new version but soon after the start tells me that it is impossible to continue the installation. Tips?
Thank you.

EDIT:
I resolved manually removing the folder containing the old version and install the new. I have already noticed the increased speed of execution of the various menus.
Waze for Android
Area Manager Firenze
Feed Manager of the project "Feed The Waze"

MastersCar

Postby Gman65 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Day 3 Not even a hiccup, now I am excited. 180 mile trip today calls, reports no problems.
Thanks Wazes.
T-Mobile HD2 Energy Leo 23569 Sense 2.5 Cookie Dinik Glass 6/11/10
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2
NRG EnergyROM 23547 Leo CookieMonster Edition 03/17/10
Gen Y DualBoot XDAndroid 2.01 03/01/10
Waze Beta 1.9.99.301 WVGA WinMo Touch
Gman65

Postby deeggo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:47 am

deeggo wrote:The font size can be changed manually. Open the file \Program Files\Waze\preferences with notepad on your desktop computer (save a copy to be sure). Search for the line "Navigation Bar.Street Small Font: 17" and change the value from 17 to 14. Copy back to your device and start Waze. There are other parameters there that mention font. I didn't have time to see what they do.

Just to clarify: this edit only changes the size of the streetname in the navigation bar. And, it does it only when the name is long. So, when the streetname of the next navigation instruction is short, the client shows it with the normal big font. But, when the streetname is to long to fit in the screen, it will resize to the minimum of 14. If that isn't small enough for you, you could try a smaller value of 12 for instance.
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby hooijack » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:41 pm

deeggo wrote:
deeggo wrote:The font size can be changed manually. Open the file \Program Files\Waze\preferences with notepad on your desktop computer (save a copy to be sure). Search for the line "Navigation Bar.Street Small Font: 17" and change the value from 17 to 14. Copy back to your device and start Waze. There are other parameters there that mention font. I didn't have time to see what they do.

Just to clarify: this edit only changes the size of the streetname in the navigation bar. And, it does it only when the name is long. So, when the streetname of the next navigation instruction is short, the client shows it with the normal big font. But, when the streetname is to long to fit in the screen, it will resize to the minimum of 14. If that isn't small enough for you, you could try a smaller value of 12 for instance.

Hi deeggo,
Thanks! But I was hoping to change the font size for comments instead. Comments are most of the time useless because I can only see first 2-3 words instead of the whole comment.
Just a small fry from Malaysia.
Using Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running Android 4.4.2
hooijack

Postby deeggo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi Hooijack,

don't know about that one. Did you try changing any of the other parameters with font in the name in the same file? The comment button says Comm.. for me too.
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bobnuts » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Sadly, I have to report that this version locks up on my PDA a little more often than the previous beta.

For the record, here is my scenario.

Using the legacy hardware as in my signature I commute to work using the local Motorway (Freeway). As part of my end of work day 'detox' I like to commute home via the country back roads and small villages.

Waze Version 1.8.99.202 would get me to work in the morning without locking up but would always lock up after 15mins driving on my way home at the end of the day.

Waze Version 1.9.99.301 locks up after 15mins both going to and coming home from work

The other thing to note is that Waze never predicts my morning journey to work but always prompts me for the trip home through the back roads in the evening.

Hope this helps

Richard

Update:

Just returned from a drive around my local area to snap up some Worldcup football goodies. Waze Version 1.9.99.301 was locking up every 5 minutes or so. I had to warm reboot PDA everytime. So this version is not usable for me. I am going back to Waze Version 1.8.99.202 for the time being. :cry:
Present: HTC Desire HD in Dash-Caddy cradle.

Previous:
Windows Mobile Version 1.9.99.301 beta on a 6 year old HP Hx4700 Windows Mobile 6.5 (Custom ROM) Pocket PC via a 3G MiFi mobile internet router and cradle serial GPS receiver.
bobnuts

Postby petervdveen » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Well.. Everything is better then 1.3.9.0 wich most of us has been using the last months.
But maybe you could send your log files to waze so they could take a look at it?
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby bobnuts » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:22 pm

OK.'For the record' I would like to share my v1.9.99.301 experiences. sorry for long post but it may help others.

As I mentioned in an earlier post. I intended to go back a version due freezing etc. However, while I was preparing to back rev' I remembered that good practice when installing beta software is to, as far as possible, remove all traces of any previous versions. So I decided to do this and install v1.9.99.301 again.

Once v1.9.99.301 was re- installed I did a local test picking up as many Worldcup road goodies as I could find in my local area. That went well. However, the next day I had the same issue commuting to and from work.

My PDA sits in a cradle on the windscreen and gets very hot, especially now because in the UK we had experienced a couple of weeks of lovely hot sunshine. So I went through a process of taking all my gear into the office were it sat at a cool 21C all day - Waze still locked up on the way home.

My cradle has a built in serial NMEA GPS module so on Friday I configured Waze to use my external Bluetooth GPS module. That worked without freezing on the morning and evening run so will try that over the coming days to see if it more reliable.

By way of a reference. I do not, yet, trust waze for important road trips into unknown areas so I run TomTom V7 on those occasions.

Today I did a 2.5 hr road trip using TomTom (serial cradle GPS) without a single lockup or glitch. This , to my mind, shows that my hardware and OS is viable and that some further refinement is required within the Waze application WinMo code before I can abandon TomTom completely

Hope this helps

RiK
Present: HTC Desire HD in Dash-Caddy cradle.

Previous:
Windows Mobile Version 1.9.99.301 beta on a 6 year old HP Hx4700 Windows Mobile 6.5 (Custom ROM) Pocket PC via a 3G MiFi mobile internet router and cradle serial GPS receiver.
bobnuts

Postby Majumdar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Any way of upgrading from 1.8.0 to this version without losing my current Favorite and Saved locations ?

If I recall, we lose all saved settings - most important for me are the Favorites & Saved Locations...

Looking forward to trying 1.9.99.301!

Thanks

Rob
Area Manager - Quebec, Canada

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Android 4.4.4 | Waze Beta 3.9.3 | Telus Mobility
Majumdar

Postby monosodium » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Bobnuts - the UK map is not by any means complete, so you would need to use something else for door-door routing. Once the basemap import is done then it should be usable here in the UK.
m o n o s o d i u m
Former area manager North/East London plus Weymouth & Portland | HTC Radar | Windows Phone 7.8
monosodium

PreviousNext

Return to Official announcements