Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Login Failed:Wrong login details.

Post by
Login Failed:Wrong login details.
Please verify login details are accurate.

I just put Waze on my new phone and that is what it says.

The information on my profile here is fine, and I'm able to log in just fine, but on the app on my smartphone I cannot seem to and am marked as a "newbie"

Help? I kinda want to use my profile and don't want to start a new one just because I have a new phone.

Fats.

POSTER_ID:2336138

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Password should only be changed from the Dashboard page. Is that where you did it?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
1) Usernames are case sensitive. Make sure you put it in the app correctly
2) On reinstalls/new phones you will default to 0 points/Waze Baby. It will fix itself automatically (probably in a day or two, maybe more)
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
1) Waze transitioned to the NanoRep form you used, CBenson was making sure you weren't using the old support email address that is no longer monitored.

2) Waze has said there is a backlog in the support system & they are working very hard to clear it.

3) A few users have reported never hearing back from support - but the emails ended up in their ISP's spam filters. Have you checked there?

4) Usernames are case-sensitive. So if you try to login on the app as "loungelizard" it won't work, you need to use "LoungeLizard". It's most likely that way for passwords too.

5) I'm pretty sure the support form doesn't validate the username as non-users can use it to ask for pre-install support/install problems. Waze even has a small subset of users that have never created a Waze account.

6) Did your wife signin with Facebook? If so, she was assigned a random usa_ or world_ username that she'd have to recover.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
I'm going to PM you... Please check it and respond...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
oldbay wrote:I don't see any way to change the email I used to create my account. I had a typo when I put I registered so it's the wrong email address. Can I change this or do I need to create a new account?
You should be able to update your email on Your Dashboard (link at the very top of the page in the menu).
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by CBenson
Just to be sure: How are you writing to support?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by cdco68
Im now getting this after changing my password on here, anyone any thoughts have the servers just got out of synch?
cdco68
Send a message

Post by dimalyashenko
I have my Android updated - full flash. And I could only be logged in this site - no metter what I done for the password - it wokrs for site only. Any help?
dimalyashenko
Send a message

Post by LoungeLizard
We have a similar issue - "we" being my wife (and me, since I took on her issue to try and resolve her pain). I am a computer engineer, so I know a thing or two and am not just a naive button-poker...

My wife upgraded her old Samsung Galaxy to a Galaxy 3 with Ice Cream Sandwich Android. Her old SIM card didn't store all her account info - so she tried connecting and logging in manually through her phone and could not access her account at all - telling her bad password or something. She wrote to support about her issue and got no response - a number of times, she said. She tried changing her password, but nothing worked.

I tried recently using her phone and am getting similar results - she can't log into her account. We know her username and password - or so we think; but nothing works. I tried logging into her account on my browser at my computer - but I am getting "username invalid" and am positive that I am typing things properly and have tried every combination of upper and lower case as possible.

Where have we gone wrong and how can I retrieve my wife's account? I wrote to support earlier this morning and some 18 hours later, I still have no response. I am not feeling happy with Waze suddenly... My wife would be terribly disappointed if she would have to start all over (she won't - she'll go on to a different service, I already know this). I also am starting to not like Waze anymore. My wife and I had a long running competition going with our points and it's been a great run - suddenly it no longer means anything if she loses all her points and status - I'd have to start over as well and I'm not wanting to be a baby and lose my sword and shield and crown and all that. It was this little game that kept our interest all these years and if she has to start all over, then folks, it's just that - it's all over. We'll just use Google Maps and their navigator (which is a better service anyway for the simple navigation sake) and we'll be done.

But, I don't want to just go away. We've been with you for SO long... I want to give you a chance to make it right and get this issue dealt with. Let me know how to fix the issue - like is there a way to look up a username based on an email, or something like this? The only option on the login section is to change a password, not to lookup a username based on an email address. I know of tons of sites that provide this service - yet this option doesn't exist in the Waze login screens. And, if I change a password once the username issue is resolved, then will the phone part work? It seems other users are having issues after using the website to change passwords, then not being able to access their Waze accounts using their phones. Come on folks, Let's work this out...

-- Lounge Lizard
LoungeLizard
Send a message

Post by LoungeLizard
How am I writing support??? what kind of question is that? The support link on this web site is where I wrote support. My wife used the app, under the "Ask a question" function - which brings one to the same (or similar) web page as this site's support link - where you have to type a search term or a question. Then click on "Ask an Agent: EMAIL" - to fill in the problem/issue form. The problem with the form, though - is one of the fields is "username" - and if you have an issue with "username" and if the form is validated against the same process as the login functions, then how could you report a problem??? Though if I fill the form out with my wife's credentials, it does seem that the submission does in fact occur. But, because there is no reply after a number of days, we have to assume something is not getting through to support.

So, now I write in a more public arena - hoping we can get the issue resolved.

-- Lounge Lizard
LoungeLizard
Send a message