Forum rules
Welcome to the Luxembourg Community forum!

Ask us any question here. Or if you want to chat with us, join the Waze BeLux Slack:

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeopedia-files/b/be/Slack-invitation-banner.png
(click the image to join the Slack)

New here? Introduce yourself!

Post by
Great you find your way to the forum! Welcome to all the new visitors from this part of the Waze forum.

We would like to ask you to introduce yourself in this topic, so we have an idea with who we're talkin.

POSTER_ID:213312

Send a message

Post by BertZZZZ
Hello Saas. Thank you for reaching out.
We're not using the forum a lot, so please join our team here: https://www.wazebelgium.be/slack
Kind Regards
Bert
BertZZZZ
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Boesi83
Hi everyone!

I'm quite new in the Waze community and still discovering all the features. :lol:

I live in France but work in Luxembourg...

In case you want to get more info so, just contact me...

My languages: French, German, Italian, English and Luxembourgish...

Bye
Boesi83
Send a message

Post by Clems_First
Hello, I'm Clems (Clément).
I started using waze on july for my vacation in spain.
I started using the map editor because I want to help the community a bit. :)
I live in Luxemburg since i was born and I live there since.
I hope that I can help the community evolve and be usefull. :D
Thank you for reading this (and also to give me some of your time).
Clems_First
Send a message

Post by CoLdStOnE666
I'm CoLdStOnE666 and my real name is Guy

I'm living in the north-west of Luxembourg since the begin of my life ;-)

Experience in IT, i would like to help editing maps and errors etc.

I know that i'm new here now, but, i will give my best to help.
CoLdStOnE666
Send a message

Post by DeFesch
Hope to be an AM again soon :)

I already did quite some work in the south of the country.

Just applied for AM-status again :)
DeFesch
Send a message

Post by Edibourg
Hi everybody, :D
I'm Edi, I'm 22 years old and I've been using Waze for almost a year.

I live in Luxembourg and I study in Brussels, so I do regular back and forth trips. I also go to the Netherlands (used to go frequently, but I haven't been there for quite some time).

I started editing a week ago. I've been a fan of maps since I was little, so I enjoy making the map more precise as it can be. So far I managed to get through without any major problems.

I speak English, French, Portuguese, German (still have a hang on it) and a little luxembourguish. I can understand Spanish (but I can't say if I can speak it, fearing to mix it with Portuguese) and Italian ( the same problem as Spanish, only more complex).

I'm looking forward to helping the community in my spare time.

To all of you, have a nice week,

Edi Pires
Edibourg
Send a message

Post by gwbasic
I guess it’s polite to say hello here, too ;)

I go by gwbasic (my first programming language), have been given an old Android device a friend’s friend no longer needed, and found out that Waze, unlike osmand, performs very well on it, after another friend recommended it to me.

I do have quite some map editing experience in OpenStreetMap over the years, and already found that some does and some explicitly doesn’t transfer over. I find it refreshing to have two different points of view on the same geolocation. I’m also a geocacher and used to fixing bugs in the maps later after I encounter them “in the field”, and very frustrated that Waze’s edit locks apply to the entirety of a segment (so it’s impossible to e.g. fix a typo in a road name when the road is L2 locked).

I speak English, Deutsch, can read Lëtzebuergesch, can somewhat read and write Nederlands (the latter two are self-taught) and vaguely recall Latin.

I’m occasionally in Belgium or Luxembourg for vacations or other trips, as they are closer to home than most of Germany ;)
gwbasic
Send a message

Post by gwbasic
steveningelbrecht wrote:Welcome ;-)
Thanks.
steveningelbrecht wrote:You're also very welcome on the Slack platform
On the what?
gwbasic
Send a message

Post by gwbasic
Mh never heard of it (and you didn’t link), but I don't like the web much and use IRC normally. Plus, the only “modern” web browsers I have are only available to me via a remote desktop / VNC, as my main machine is running a niche operating system, so it’d be slow and frustrating to use. But thanks anyway.
gwbasic
Send a message

Post by Heisa123
I'm Heisa123 My name is George.

I'm a month working on the map of Luxembourg.
Experience with editing I have gained in the Netherlands, South America and the Caribbean.
Occasionally I edit in other countries.

I have much time to edit because I am retired.
In Luxembourg I put waze on the map but everything is still under discussion.

I lock all the major and minor roads because continuously behind me the roads were changed.

When wiki Luxembourg is finished I will unlock on request after which the roads can be worked on.
Heisa123
Send a message
Country Manager