Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dirgela wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: Click the link to email support in the nanorep tool.
Sorry for stupid questions, but were is this link to email support? I can't see anything like that (see attachment)
Instructions are also in the FAQ.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
skbun wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Have you cleared out Portola Valley yet? I specifically ignored that one since it's such a huge project and I don't have much time to dedicate to it.
I'm actually having a hard time finding more of these. Has there been a big cleanup done?

If the answer is no, if you can point me to areas where the smudge still exists, I can try a JS fix I've had in the works to fix these segments quickly. (Also, it may work for other no-city basemap state smudges as well. Toss one or two at me.)
Portola Valley cleanup was largely automated. It was also related to the thousands of Update Requests which stated "we don't think the city on this segment is correct."
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dirgela wrote:This is another waze's example of user unfriendliness :roll: You need to read the instruction how to submit a problem, omg. And you have to guess that your report of the bad editor is "support ticket" :)
I disagree, partly. If you enter your question, and the provided suggested links do not work, you get the option to click Email. The main problem is the sense of entitlement and instant gratification which causes most people who try to use that form to get frustrated that the first suggestion isn't the right one immediately. We wrote the steps required to try and give them the sense that they can contact support, but must go one step further than many are willing to do.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Mike-1323 wrote:Have you been in contact with jbills31 to see why he felt it necessary to map every farm lane?
I did, but just told him to delete them. He read the PM.

At least all the farm roads are set as Dirt/4x4...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by ArlenBystander
Parking lot crazy.

It looks like a new editor created them a couple months ago. I'm wondering what the problem was that caused the admin account to update them this past week...and, why they didn't follow the best practices for parking lots.

I'll give it a couple days and clean it up if nobody else gets to it.
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by ArlenBystander
Some of the highway segments have "CONST ZN" in their names and there are some GPS tracks following the road. This AZDOT indicates the road is being turned into a limited access highway.

Could this be an attempt to set it up as a split road but was never finished? Definitely poor form to change only one side and not add the other. At least they didn't set it to 1-way yet.

As far as the fields being mapped; I can probably help delete some of them if Waze can't roll back the changes. All I can say though is to check out the name of the town near the freeway link. :o
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bgodette
PhantomSoul wrote:Unfortunately in New Jersey, we have several different Washington Townships, Springfield Townships, Union Townships, etc, which Waze thinks are all the same city, and now even places pins where it sees disconnected town names. These are not, however, the same towns/cities, and should not be contained within the same polygon.

Postal zip codes - and the official city names they represent are the only way, currently, to ensure the above does not happen. Besides, unless at least one zip code within a township goes by the township name itself (often none, do), nobody really knows the area by the township name anyway, making it less useful in the traffic reports as well.

Perhaps in other parts of the country or world, actual political boundaries mark out areas that actually have unique names within their region/state. New Jersey, however, doesn't work that way...
Deal with it much like ROTW and include the county/province/state in the city name? At least I'm assuming the identical city names are in different counties within NJ.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
PhantomSoul wrote:Besides, what does everyone do in the states that do not have townships for the parts of each county that are unincorporated?
USPS uses the county name around here.

It's all my phone's fault for using Tapatalk.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
Fill out a support form. Give them the user name and support can email him to email you. Worked for me, gave him some advise on how to edit and to read the wiki.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
I get Canada in Chicago area. In Wisconsin, I have seen Minnesota. I just assumed if there is one segment in the area named wrong, it defaults to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message