Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

WME in Chrome

Post by AggieJM
I've noticed recently when using WME in Chrome, if I scroll around the map or zoom in/out I will lose the ability to edit until I refresh the window. I can still select items and they will become highlighted, but I don't get the properties window displayed and I can't touch the endpoints or geometry nodes. If I have unsaved changes, I can click the save button and they are saved, but it won't let me edit anything else until I fully refresh the page.

Anyone else hitting something like this?

I'm running Chrome 23.0.1271.97 m and have the Highlighting extension installed and enabled.

I can get screen captures if you need to see what I'm seeing.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:3323561

Send a message

Post by AggieJM
Thanks Alan! I'll turn off landmarks for my next editing session.

I did a couple of searches to see if it had been discussed before, but my "Google-Fu" was failing me.

I've had it prompt for a login a couple of times when I have been editing for a while, but usually it will put the box up right away. I was just noticing this seemed to be tied to moving around the map too much.
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AggieJM
Once I turned off landmarks today, I never had any issues. I haven't noticed any slower response than usual otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (blame my phone for any typos)
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Try turning off the landmarks layer. Known issue.

Similar issues will happen if you are not logged in and WME doesn't prompt you to do so. Hitting permalink will force the login to come up if it is required.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by jasonh300
xplayman wrote:I am getting this problem with Landmarks turned off both in Firefox and Chrome. I can select roads but I don't see the properties. The roads are also very slow to load. Are the servers just experiencing heavy traffic? I've kinda been turned off from editing the past few weeks because of this problem.
I've been having this issue at work the past couple of week, but it works fine at work. Run a speed test on your line. If you don't have a very fast connection, WME doesn't work well. I've been having line quality issues at the office, and I assume that's why WME works so poorly there.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by khaytsus
I see something like this sometimes but I just save and permalink and okay for a while.
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif

Post by xplayman
I am getting this problem with Landmarks turned off both in Firefox and Chrome. I can select roads but I don't see the properties. The roads are also very slow to load. Are the servers just experiencing heavy traffic? I've kinda been turned off from editing the past few weeks because of this problem.
xplayman
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
(Level 3)
Vehicle: 2014 Buick Verano, 2013 Cadillac XTS4
Device: Verizon | iPhone 12 Pro Max | iOS 15.1

Post by xplayman
My line connection is all good. It's actually gotten faster with no packet loss unlike what it used to be when Waze worked better.

I noticed that WME did load faster when I clicked the permalink button once I found the area I want to edit. It was still slow, but faster than it's been now. This doesn't really help with fixing other people's problems though, just ones that I see from memory.
xplayman
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
(Level 3)
Vehicle: 2014 Buick Verano, 2013 Cadillac XTS4
Device: Verizon | iPhone 12 Pro Max | iOS 15.1