iOS beta 3.5.1.999 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS beta 3.5.1.999 feedback thread

Postby davipt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Dave2084 wrote:The thing is when navigating Landscape is 2x4=8 and Portrait mode is 3x3=9, so why is it 3x2=6 for both when not navigating. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I got confused with all the numbers, but what he means, and is right, is that albeit it was mentioned that the "dialogue doesn't grow to keep the same size", but when when navigation is on, the dialogue does indeed grow, which is a conflict.
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:42 pm

davipt wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:The thing is when navigating Landscape is 2x4=8 and Portrait mode is 3x3=9, so why is it 3x2=6 for both when not navigating. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I got confused with all the numbers, but what he means, and is right, is that albeit it was mentioned that the "dialogue doesn't grow to keep the same size", but when when navigation is on, the dialogue does indeed grow, which is a conflict.

You're right. It does this in portrait too. I still think it's by design, but I'm not sure of the reason now. At the very least, it should be sized to fit the full icons and not cut them off.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby scarlogarcia » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:46 am

Perlin, some of your old comercial releases had english as language option for navigation. Since you launched the TTS in Brazil we lost that option and we can only use portuguese.

I was looking forward to have that english option back again but it seems to keep as it is. The absence of language options is problematic for navigation in Brazilian's borders where all neighbours are spanish speakers. Anyone nows how small countries as Denmark or Belgium, for example, handle with such peculiarity?

Sorry if lost focus on this current beta.
Carlos.

iPhone 5
iOS 6.0.2
scarlogarcia
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Dave2084 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:

You're right. It does this in portrait too. I still think it's by design, but I'm not sure of the reason now. At the very least, it should be sized to fit the full icons and not cut them off.

I think the reasoning for showing part of an icon is the give you a visual clue there are more if you scroll across, my query relates to why that window size changes depending on what you are doing.
iPhone 6S Plus (Jailed) • iOS 9.2.1 • Waze 4.2
Level 6 Editor • Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby perlin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:17 pm

davipt wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I really don't think there's much point to us testing this. By the version #, I would bet this has been sent to Apple already for release as v3.5.2. It typically happens that few fixes are done after the last beta and before release.

I surely hope not, I've been detecting issues with non translatable strings popping up. Not the case that the string doesn't yet exist on the translation file, but cases where even putting the string there won't translate it. The most obvious one is on navigate main screen, "categories", "favorites" and "pick up" are broken. Those are major regressions :(

Please contact Orit for all translation issues (translations@waze.com or orit@waze.com)
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:27 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:On my commute this morning, I was not running in navigation mode, but went through twointersections with red light cameras, but neither red light camera triggered an alert. In both cases, the red light cameras did appear on the map.

Permalinks of cameras locations?
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:28 pm

scarlogarcia wrote:Perlin, some of your old comercial releases had english as language option for navigation. Since you launched the TTS in Brazil we lost that option and we can only use portuguese.

I was looking forward to have that english option back again but it seems to keep as it is. The absence of language options is problematic for navigation in Brazilian's borders where all neighbours are spanish speakers. Anyone nows how small countries as Denmark or Belgium, for example, handle with such peculiarity?

Please contact Orit for that issue (orit@waze.com)
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby davipt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 pm

perlin wrote:
davipt wrote:...I've been detecting issues with non translatable strings popping up. ... The most obvious one is on navigate main screen, "categories", "favorites" and "pick up" are broken. Those are major regressions :(

Please contact Orit for all translation issues (translations@waze.com or orit@waze.com)

This has nothing directly to do with translations files and Orit IMHO, but with the code of the client. Those three icons have text that is on the translations file (those three cases have always been there) but doesn't get translated on screen. It kind of feels like someone forgot to write the NSLocalizedString(string) or equivalent on the code. (The other missing strings I've been discussing with Orit already.)

Before 999, the new "Pick Up" button appeared and was untranslatable. "Pick Up" is on the translation, and the string works on the non beta client.
On 999 it got worse as "Categories" and "Favorites" also stopped being translatable. Those two strings are use in other places and are also working.

IMG_4947.jpg
IMG_4947.jpg (32.77 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robin1979 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:14 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:[*]App cannot recover from long network outage[/list]

This has been bugging me ever since the updated network code in 3.0.1 ... If you accept a phonecall during Wazing, it fails to recover most of the times. Please fix this.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing