Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

false reports

Post by tahoels
people posting false road reports for points ?, example i was on the way home on a main highway there was a wazer in front of me 1000 feet or so and a accident popped up on screen right where i was . there was no accident or any problem on the raod ,no other roads around me so it was on this highway. this is to help us on the roads not to be a big points winner !!
tahoels

POSTER_ID:10667889

Send a message

Post by vince1612
@jake, This is a thread from 2012 with last messages from 2014. Please don't revive if the discussion is more than 6 months old, many of the things said about functions or links shared might be very outdated.

@ninjacakegirl, Please find your local forum:
viewforum.php?f=19
And ask community leaders from your area to do something about the user
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by usnret04
pvaladares wrote:Is it possible to report abuse of false reports?
I'm pretty sure a lot of Wazers submit false or misleading reports to "pad" their points. I see it quite often in my area.
usnret04
Send a message

Post by skbun
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
pvaladares wrote:It would be nice if there was a button to report it 'not there' right next to the 'thanks' button.
There is, but only if the alert applies to your road and direction of travel. Otherwise, Waze must assume that you are not knowledgeable enough to actually state it isn't there. Of course, that also suggests that the "Thanks" button should also not be there....
I wonder how difficult it would be to make the behaviour of clicking on a report act like gas prices already do. After all, we already see 'You are only allowed to report gas prices at the station', and that's measured by how far away you are 'as the crow flies'. The reasoning Waze put in for that is 'You're close enough to see the gas prices, so you can report', so one could say 'Why should reports be any different?'

It'd be:
'On clicking a report, how far are you physically from it?' if:
"Close", give the 'Thanks' and 'Not there' options or
"Not close", give the 'Comment' and 'Thanks' options.

I only mention this as a real possibility because we already know the functionality of whether something is 'close' is already built in.
skbun
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/2a/W ... 00k_5c.png

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA

Post by pvaladares
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
pvaladares wrote:It would be nice if there was a button to report it 'not there' right next to the 'thanks' button.
There is, but only if the alert applies to your road and direction of travel. Otherwise, Waze must assume that you are not knowledgeable enough to actually state it isn't there. Of course, that also suggests that the "Thanks" button should also not be there....
So far I just got the 'not there' for cameras.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
It would be nice if there was a button to report it 'not there' right next to the 'thanks' button.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
Is it possible to report abuse of false reports?
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pocs
How about a button to report user who simply report for point?
while I was driving home. Some one just report rain almost every 500 meter. my 61km drive have result of me pressing not there about 40++ times. .
anywhere to report this guy's?
pocs
Send a message