New Windows Mobile beta version 1.9.99.301

Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Moderator: Unholy

Re: New Windows Mobile beta version 1.9.99.301

Postby walkerb52 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:51 pm

New possible bug in this version:

On my HTC Fuze whenever I slide the keyboard out the default WM taskbar comes up at the top of the app and I can't get it to go away from within the app, even after sliding the keyboard shut again. The only way I've found to get it to go back is to go to my home screen on WM then come back into the app and it's back to the normal WAZE App bar up top. I'm not sure if the older version of WAZE was exhibiting this behavior as well as I never tried using the slide out keyboard while in WAZE on the previous release. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me and possibly one of the random mods I have on my phone doing it?

Also, I can confirm that pings in this version (even outbound sends) appear to be coming up as public general chit-chat instead of a ping to the person selected.

thanks,
walkerb52

Postby walkerb52 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:46 pm

Max,

3D maps are an option on Windows mobile also. Go to the Settings menu (wrench) then look for the line that says Display (should be the second one there). The 2D is a button you can click that will toggle the map between 2D and 3D.
walkerb52

Postby Max_460 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:32 pm

I wanted to check to see if it was possible to enable the WM version of Waze to display the maps in 3D like the Android version can do... On my TP2 I can dual boot into either WM or Android. I've installed the Android version and it looks awesome in 3D... I wasn't sure if it was a limitation of the OS or not... Thanks...

BTW this is a must have app!!! The Devs have done some awesome work!

Sorry if this was the wrong thread to post to... Did not see any topics on improvements...
Max_460

Postby deeggo » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:22 am

After several days with the new client and many hours of continuous usage without crash, 1.9.99.301 crashed on me today. :(

It happened at the end of my trip. I closed down Flitsnav (an app that warns for speed cams) first, while Waze was still running, like I always do. The menu of Flitsnav, that opens with the bottom right softkey, normally has the normal WinMo layout, like most programs have. Now, the Flitsnav menu had a Waze layout (Waze menu colours, rounder edges like the Waze app menu, slightly different location on screen). Then, when Flitsnav was closed, Waze came up again, but the phone was frozen and Waze didn't respond.

I've seen this behaviour before, also in the older clients like 1.8.0. I've soft reset the device, restarted Waze and sent logs, so I hope the devs can make something from my description.

Still I must say, this client is far more stable than previous ones.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby deeggo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:43 pm

Majumdar wrote:Any way of upgrading from 1.8.0 to this version without losing my current Favorite and Saved locations ?

If I recall, we lose all saved settings - most important for me are the Favorites & Saved Locations...

No problem, i think the new version uses the files from the older version. But, to be sure, you need to back up the files as I described in this thread.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bobnuts » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:49 pm

monosodium wrote:Bobnuts - the UK map is not by any means complete, so you would need to use something else for door-door routing. Once the basemap import is done then it should be usable here in the UK.

Yep, I have been waiting for the UK Basemap import since about Feb this year. At one point I thought the freezes were occuring near a bad bit of map data but changing my home route did not prevent a freeze 15mins into the trip

My point was about my non smartphone hardware that is able to run a SatNav app without issues.

Just had another load of freezes on the way home, even with the external Bluethooth GPS so now I am wondering about the WinMo GPS management utility. Will try that in various modes to see if things improve

Ultimately, I think I need to go out and buy a modern smartphone but lack of funds prevent that at this time.

RiK
bobnuts

Postby monosodium » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Bobnuts - the UK map is not by any means complete, so you would need to use something else for door-door routing. Once the basemap import is done then it should be usable here in the UK.
monosodium

Postby Majumdar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Any way of upgrading from 1.8.0 to this version without losing my current Favorite and Saved locations ?

If I recall, we lose all saved settings - most important for me are the Favorites & Saved Locations...

Looking forward to trying 1.9.99.301!

Thanks

Rob
Majumdar

Postby bobnuts » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:22 pm

OK.'For the record' I would like to share my v1.9.99.301 experiences. sorry for long post but it may help others.

As I mentioned in an earlier post. I intended to go back a version due freezing etc. However, while I was preparing to back rev' I remembered that good practice when installing beta software is to, as far as possible, remove all traces of any previous versions. So I decided to do this and install v1.9.99.301 again.

Once v1.9.99.301 was re- installed I did a local test picking up as many Worldcup road goodies as I could find in my local area. That went well. However, the next day I had the same issue commuting to and from work.

My PDA sits in a cradle on the windscreen and gets very hot, especially now because in the UK we had experienced a couple of weeks of lovely hot sunshine. So I went through a process of taking all my gear into the office were it sat at a cool 21C all day - Waze still locked up on the way home.

My cradle has a built in serial NMEA GPS module so on Friday I configured Waze to use my external Bluetooth GPS module. That worked without freezing on the morning and evening run so will try that over the coming days to see if it more reliable.

By way of a reference. I do not, yet, trust waze for important road trips into unknown areas so I run TomTom V7 on those occasions.

Today I did a 2.5 hr road trip using TomTom (serial cradle GPS) without a single lockup or glitch. This , to my mind, shows that my hardware and OS is viable and that some further refinement is required within the Waze application WinMo code before I can abandon TomTom completely

Hope this helps

RiK
bobnuts

Postby petervdveen » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Well.. Everything is better then 1.3.9.0 wich most of us has been using the last months.
But maybe you could send your log files to waze so they could take a look at it?
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

PreviousNext

Return to Official announcements