Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by hooijack
It'll be superb if we have the option to change the font size. Font size too big for my small screen. The "Comment" button has become "Comm.." on my device.
Other than that, all good! :D
hooijack
Send a message
Just a small fry from Malaysia.
Using Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running Android 4.4.2

Post by hooijack
deeggo wrote:
deeggo wrote:The font size can be changed manually. Open the file \Program Files\Waze\preferences with notepad on your desktop computer (save a copy to be sure). Search for the line "Navigation Bar.Street Small Font: 17" and change the value from 17 to 14. Copy back to your device and start Waze. There are other parameters there that mention font. I didn't have time to see what they do.
Just to clarify: this edit only changes the size of the streetname in the navigation bar. And, it does it only when the name is long. So, when the streetname of the next navigation instruction is short, the client shows it with the normal big font. But, when the streetname is to long to fit in the screen, it will resize to the minimum of 14. If that isn't small enough for you, you could try a smaller value of 12 for instance.
Hi deeggo,
Thanks! But I was hoping to change the font size for comments instead. Comments are most of the time useless because I can only see first 2-3 words instead of the whole comment.
hooijack
Send a message
Just a small fry from Malaysia.
Using Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running Android 4.4.2

Post by hsoc
thank you, will test soon :)
hsoc
Send a message

Post by Majumdar
Any way of upgrading from 1.8.0 to this version without losing my current Favorite and Saved locations ?

If I recall, we lose all saved settings - most important for me are the Favorites & Saved Locations...

Looking forward to trying 1.9.99.301!

Thanks

Rob
Majumdar
Send a message
Area Manager - Quebec, Canada

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Android 4.4.4 | Waze Beta 3.9.3 | Telus Mobility

Post by MastersCar
Hi.
This new version is compatible with Windows Mobile 5?
I currently use version 1.8.0 and I tried to install this new version but soon after the start tells me that it is impossible to continue the installation. Tips?
Thank you.

EDIT:
I resolved manually removing the folder containing the old version and install the new. I have already noticed the increased speed of execution of the various menus.
MastersCar
Send a message
Waze
ex Area Manager Firenze
ex Feed Manager of the project "Feed The Waze"

Post by Max_460
I wanted to check to see if it was possible to enable the WM version of Waze to display the maps in 3D like the Android version can do... On my TP2 I can dual boot into either WM or Android. I've installed the Android version and it looks awesome in 3D... I wasn't sure if it was a limitation of the OS or not... Thanks...

BTW this is a must have app!!! The Devs have done some awesome work!

Sorry if this was the wrong thread to post to... Did not see any topics on improvements...
Max_460
Send a message
WAZE ON!
-Max_460

Post by Max_460
walkerb52 wrote:Max,

3D maps are an option on Windows mobile also. Go to the Settings menu (wrench) then look for the line that says Display (should be the second one there). The 2D is a button you can click that will toggle the map between 2D and 3D.
walkerb52,
Thanks for the reply... I checked under settings and do not see a Display option nor a 2D/3D option... In the Android version it is right on the first screen. I only see Guidance and Daylight options...

BTW... I've been running the new beta and it has been very stable thus far...
Max_460
Send a message
WAZE ON!
-Max_460

Post by monosodium
Bobnuts - the UK map is not by any means complete, so you would need to use something else for door-door routing. Once the basemap import is done then it should be usable here in the UK.
monosodium
Send a message
m o n o s o d i u m
Former area manager North/East London plus Weymouth & Portland | HTC Radar | Windows Phone 7.8

Post by PeterG
Hi,
thank you for the updates for WinMo not lasting that long as earlier.
One question though: How about the scoreboard? Will we ever see it on WinMo?

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by PeterG
Hi,
the option to change 2d/3D exists in WinMo but not in the WVGA version.

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message