[Script] WME Add-Ons V0.45 ==> Features moved in WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Add-Ons

Postby davipt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:54 pm

gdu1971 wrote:Hello,
Normally the script works even for unnamed segments.
Just for test:
1) create some new segments and let them "red"
2) select them and script->properties
3) change city name only
4) save
=> works (for me)
IMO, It is more probably the payload (number of changes to send to the server) which lead in error.
Some users, during the test phase, reported me same problems and after another try having the correct behavior without any change.
I also have same problems sometimes with JNF and after 2 or 3 retries, it works...
Nevertheless, I will perform again some tests.

Nope, that is a different thing. If there are too many changes, there may be timeouts, "segment already changed", ghost segments, etc, but that's not the case here.

I've just tested a simpler version. Picked two segments, one with name one without. Properties->set name->save failed.

I'll say again, this is a bug introduced with the new editor and is happening with the original ext tools and this new tools, so to solve it one needs to understand what changed on the new editor.

Here's an example which you most probably can't edit but will show you the real case with two segments, one with and one without name link

Edit: definitively a case of empty name, I'll ping you directly.
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gdu1971 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:43 pm

gdu1971 wrote:I've just tested a simpler version. Picked two segments, one with name one without. Properties->set name->save failed.

And does this test works with the native editor in the same session when the error occurs with the script?
gdu1971
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby davipt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:45 pm

gdu1971 wrote:
gdu1971 wrote:I've just tested a simpler version. Picked two segments, one with name one without. Properties->set name->save failed.

And does this test works with the native editor in the same session when the error occurs with the script?

Sure, but if I use the editor, I kill the name of the segment with the name, or set the name to both. Give me a second.

Edit: you have PM with the failed post. It fails even with a single segment, as long as it has no name. Now while you look at it I'll investigate an editor request...

Edit2: updated with a working request. Maybe the fix is as simple as 'name:""' vs. 'name:null' ? :D
Last edited by davipt on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gdu1971 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:58 pm

gdu1971 wrote:you're right , there is a problem sometimes with the zoom factor of the navigator.
I know where is the problem, I'll try to fix it.

I've got a test release for firefox which should fix zoom problems.
If someone who have the problem accept to test it, I'll give you a link (send PM)
gdu1971
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby davipt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:36 pm

gdu1971 wrote:
gdu1971 wrote:you're right , there is a problem sometimes with the zoom factor of the navigator.
I know where is the problem, I'll try to fix it.

I've got a test release for firefox which should fix zoom problems.
If someone who have the problem accept to test it, I'll give you a link (send PM)

He also fixed the no-name bug weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! great job! I've been waiting for this fix since the new editor!
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:06 am

gdu1971 wrote:As you might know, there is an editor which allow you to modify only parts of addresses without modifying the other parts. This editor allow to edit also parts of streetnames according to the current French conventions (a street ID concatenated with a '-' and a streetName). This is a simple regular expression which do the job and if you have such conventions, I can implement it accordingly.

This sounds like a great feature that I'd like to see expanded.

In the base import for Canada, there are many words that need abbreviation:
Street to St
Avenue to Ave
North-west to NW

(etc.)

The full list is at http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manua ... sp#1424583 though our import seems to have both hyphenated and un-hyphenated versions of the two-worded directions (e.g. North-west and Northwest both show up).

Would it be possible to have a one-key update to a selected street to perform a list of abbreviations? I'd be happy to work with you to write the regexp, but undocumented JavaScript APIs aren't really my cup of tea, so I'm having trouble figuring out how to write my own extension to do this.
Waze Global Champ, Mentor
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby HandofMadness » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:05 am

Just wanted to say thanks. Today I found that the city of Eastvale, CA, had about 1/3 of the roads named with the wrong city, and another 1/3 or so with no city selected at all. (I don't think Eastvale was an official city at the time of the basemap import) This tool has been a lifesaver when it comes to correcting the roads and getting them to match the official city limits.
CM: Thailand CM: USA
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jwkilgore » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Would it be possible to modify the script such that the STATE is editable from the "Properties" menu? I thought this would be an easy way to quickly track down and eliminate THIS PROBLEM (incorrect state names on minor unnamed private roads), but I have to zoom in so far to pick the private roads it's taking forever and I'm pretty sure I'm missing some. If I could create a temporary large landmark, select all in it, and change all states to the correct state, this would greatly speed up the task.

For what it's worth, I'm not just trying for quick points here. There are lots of these mis-categorized roads, but they are miles and miles apart. I've yet to change more than a dozen or so at a time.
Jason Kilgore
iPhone 5c
Area Manager: Mississippi and Tennessee
jwkilgore

Postby gdu1971 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:37 pm

jwkilgore wrote:Would it be possible to modify the script such that the STATE is editable from the "Properties" menu? I thought this would be an easy way to quickly track down and eliminate THIS PROBLEM (incorrect state names on minor unnamed private roads), but I have to zoom in so far to pick the private roads it's taking forever and I'm pretty sure I'm missing some. If I could create a temporary large landmark, select all in it, and change all states to the correct state, this would greatly speed up the task.

For what it's worth, I'm not just trying for quick points here. There are lots of these mis-categorized roads, but they are miles and miles apart. I've yet to change more than a dozen or so at a time.

Yes it is quite easy to do but,
is it not better to have a drop down box to select one of the available existing state in order to not create wrong state names and so ?
I think this might be applicable also for CityNames.
It's quite easy to create a new city or state through the standard editor
gdu1971
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby gdu1971 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi,
Minor release WME Add-Ons V0.41:
- Fix error on save with unnamed segment
- Better management of navigator zoom levels (still need to refresh page after zooming)
Links are the same, just click for update
gdu1971
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts