[Script] WME Add-Ons V0.45 ==> Features moved in WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Add-Ons

Postby anti-S-crap » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:06 pm

You squashed those bugs.. Everything is working great in chrome
anti-S-crap

Postby skbun » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:24 pm

gdu1971 wrote:Yes it is quite easy to do but,
is it not better to have a drop down box to select one of the available existing state in order to not create wrong state names and so ?
I think this might be applicable also for CityNames.
It's quite easy to create a new city or state through the standard editor

Mostly. But states and countries are attached to cities. So first off, I would say 'there should never be a 'state' or 'country' dropdown in segment editing'.

Ideally what I'd like 'City' edit to do is to get cityIDs in view, translate them to names (because a cityID has an associated country and possibly state in the U.S.), and that's it. States and countries shouldn't be 'selectable' from there, because cities carry the backend data.

The tool should not be able to create new cities.

EDIT: If you would like to see a good routine to translate a cityID to a comma separated series of names (based on what's in view), please see the highlighter script - specifically, http://waze.cryosphere.co.uk/scripts/wm ... ights.html. This work has basically already been done.

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA
skbun

Postby skbun » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 pm

jwkilgore wrote:If I could create a temporary large landmark, select all in it, and change all states to the correct state, this would greatly speed up the task.

It's a good thought, but unfortunately, it wouldn't work. I'll explain why...

You can't see 'all roads' until you're zoomed into zoom level 4, as you know. A landmark bigger than your current view (which is 2048x2048) just wouldn't have the scope to select segments outside the current view that you have.

The biggest view you can get that will select all segments is about 9 square miles. Here's how to do that, jwk:

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 53#p335453

The problem is that to fix this properly, you'd need to be able to 'select all streets with state X (which you can do), and change all CityIDs to Y (which you cannot - yet - when that cityID is something involving a null - in this case, 'No city, Louisiana'.) The WME segment editor itself will let you change a city and state in this batch way, but you'd have to wipe all your street names in the process because it demands a street.

If gdu implements the city select I talked about in my previous post, I think you could do it.

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA
skbun

Postby gdu1971 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:00 am

The script already translate all cities in a list with the "autocomplete" feature.
Put it in a select should not be so difficult.
Unless it doesn't work on your countries?
Take a look at the code you will see how to get the list in a clean array in one line of code...
As my country does not have states, I didn't check the consequences of doing such action for now
gdu1971
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby skbun » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:11 am

gdu1971 wrote:The script already translate all cities in a list with the "autocomplete" feature.
Put it in a select should not be so difficult.
Unless it doesn't work on your countries?
Take a look at the code you will see how to get the list in a clean array in one line of code...
As my country does not have states, I didn't check the consequences of doing such action for now

Right...the issue is that what jwk wants to do is to set a cityID to something with a name of "", which can't autocomplete. Specifically, 99999xx, which is what Waze assigns in the U.S. to 'No city, STATE'. Additionally, there's a bogus cityID that comes up in autocomplete with an ID of 1000000XX, which should never be used. It's...well, let's just say it took a lot of work to get all this right. Again, I suggest checking out the highlighter script. There are comments inside that explain. I'll PM you the code, and the full context is in the script.

skbun

Postby jwkilgore » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:42 am

If it can't be done, it can't be done.

I took a drive to south Mississippi back in October, which is where I first came across the (apparently well known) wrong-state issue. I've been working on trying to squash all the wrong state roads in the area where I drove before I lose the ability to edit there in a few weeks. It's horrendously slow going. I just started using this script so it's sped up, but still I'm quite sure I'm missing lots of roads as I pan around at zoom level 4. *All* the roads I'm interested in are outside city limits, so that doesn't apply (anything that has a City name attached to it also has the correct state).

My current process is: Grab a Segment List at Zoom 4. The only visible column is the State. Highlight everything that shows up "Louisiana", change to "Mississippi" (city is always "Null" for these roads), Apply, and Save. Pan to next spot and repeat.

Incidentally, I already realized that even if you do add the ability to edit states (without changing city or street names), I can't do what I originally proposed. Because it really doesn't "select all inside landmark". It seems to grab random streets in and outside the view area, but definitely not "all".
Jason Kilgore
iPhone 5c
Area Manager: Mississippi and Tennessee
jwkilgore

Postby rottielover » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:11 pm

Is there anyway to select all "unknown" direction segments using this tool?

I'm working in a lot of area's that are still basemapped. A quick way to select all the unknown directions and set them to two way would be a god send!
rottielover
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby TonyG-UK » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:40 pm

rottielover wrote:Is there anyway to select all "unknown" direction segments using this tool?

I'm working in a lot of area's that are still basemapped. A quick way to select all the unknown directions and set them to two way would be a god send!

Do none of them have road names?
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK
TonyG-UK

Postby rottielover » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:51 pm

TonyG-UK wrote:
rottielover wrote:Is there anyway to select all "unknown" direction segments using this tool?

Do none of them have road names?

It's a mix. Typically what I see with this small towns are named streets with unknown direction. A lot of them have extra nodes that need to be removed and it makes it hard to manually select them without having to zoom way in.

Another issue with these basemapped towns is having a lot of one-way's that should be two way (like dead end roads or cul-da-sac's etc). Of course the other issue is having the wrong State on some segments, I'm working a town in the middle of MO right now that has IL segments in it :( uhg
rottielover
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby TonyG-UK » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:05 pm

To answer your question - yes, you can select all the segments with Unknown direction using the NbWays column.

The reason for my question was that I've seen another US editor say (in a discussion about points-per-week and the Extended Tools add-on) that they didn't use an addon, but that most of their editing consisted of selecting loads of segments using the (old) "Select entire street" button and then changing them to be Two-way. They seemed to be under the impression that this was a) adding value to the map (which it doesn't), and b) was in some way morally ok, because they weren't using an add-on to do it.

So I was just interested in your usage.
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK
TonyG-UK

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts