State Manager

Post by PalmettoC
For those who have expanded areas of responsibility, maybe you can help me with this. I asked about being an AM for my whole state (since we have huge chunks that no one seems to be taking care of) and was told send them the permalinks that I wanted. No problem, but does anyone know of an easier way to select everything at one time and send it to them rather than hundreds of permalinks? I noticed that there is someone in the bordering state where there area seems to follow along the state's border (which is what I want to do). Is there a way to use something like the landmark tool, outline the state, and send that info to them, so I would stay just in my state. I wish I could zoom out further, at least that would cut down on some of the permalinks!

Here is an example of what I am referring to:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=0&lon ... FFTFTTTTFT

Either they did it some other way, or they spent hours and hours to get it that precise!
PalmettoC

POSTER_ID:3615145

Send a message

Post by MagicOfLA
There was. But afaik there isn't anymore...

M.
MagicOfLA
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by PalmettoC
:cry: I've only got about 175,000 more edits till I can become a CM
PalmettoC
Send a message

Post by PalmettoC
Basically I have been trying to head out of town and clean up the country (outside the metro areas first), since those are the worst. Of course on the large majority of that which I have access is limited to the 4 miles radius of where I have driven.
I'm not really worried about having editing rights all over the country, I'd like to get my state cleaned up first!
PalmettoC
Send a message

Post by PalmettoC
Yeah, they one that I have seen as well are mainly staying in the city, which is why I am trying to go outside of those areas. We have lots of places that don't even have AM coverage and have lots of issues with roads that need fixing.
PalmettoC
Send a message

Post by txemt
They spent hours doing it. I got about half of Texas before I became a CM, so now I don't worry about it. I can edit wherever I need/want to.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
This may sound weird, but this is so true......there are TONS of small towns in Texas that need fixing. I'm talking about the ones in the middle of the state as well as in the panhandle. Every week or so, I pick one and clean it out. I make all of the roads two way, fix it all up, make it look pretty. You may say to yourself "I don't ever go to Texas, so I won't know my way around from rock a in the ground" but a lot of the small towns are simple squares surrounded by ranch land or farm land and that's it. There's not a whole lot to it. You can pick one of those.....as a matter of fact, here's one:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=2&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT

It's real simple. Just clean it out as well as the surrounding area. MOST of the roads out in the middle of the fields can be deleted, they're on private land and have nothing to do with day to day traffic. When you're done, lemme know, I'll find another one for you, or you can follow US-70 to your right and pick another one.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
PalmettoC wrote:Basically I have been trying to head out of town and clean up the country (outside the metro areas first), since those are the worst. Of course on the large majority of that which I have access is limited to the 4 miles radius of where I have driven.
I'm not really worried about having editing rights all over the country, I'd like to get my state cleaned up first!
I know there's a couple of people already editing South Carolina, but I don't know how much they're doing, or if they're just doing things in their area. I've seen them ask for unlock requests, which is why I know there's at least 2.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
The best thing to do is ask. I used to ask for 20 permalinks at a time, but a lot of that was open ranch/farm land around the small Texas towns. I would ask for 3 towns at a time, but snag the areas around them. It does take time, and the responses were usually given in about 48 hours or so. I do know of someone who just did that and was denied. They told him he needs to gain some experience in editing and when he has more edits, he can request that many again. He then requested the two towns he drives in constantly and got those approved, so he's working his way through both of those towns...which happen to be in West Texas.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
Si
txemt
Send a message