Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Additional Road Alerts

Post by KrazyBoyKeith
As Waze continues to grow and develop, I would like to suggest a few additional alerts.

For flooded streets, or high water, or standing water, an alert would help improve our safety.

Ice is a critical alert that can possibly even save a life. Unless the light glares just right, you may not know it's there until it's too late.

Children on the shoulder may also be a helpful additive. I have a route home that takes me through a neighborhood. The route is heavily used during rush hours. I noticed children playing on bikes and in driveways in one area. I alerted that animals were on the shoulder because i figured it was the closest thing to alert someone.

This past week we had a heavy rain in Houston, TX and traffic was forced to drive through a flooded street that I was on. I tried to create an alert, but object on road didn't cut it and I noticed that it was removed by someone withing half an hour. An alert could have allowed me to also detour around the water to prevent my car from getting my brakes wet.
KrazyBoyKeith

POSTER_ID:12400481

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Flood and ice are already available.

iOS and Tapatalk have conspired to screw up this post.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Not available everywhere, but they are there. http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 81#p198481

iOS and Tapatalk have conspired to screw up this post.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by bretmcvey
Where are Flood and Ice at in the reporting options? I was hoping to see those available, but at least under Weather I've only seen Fog, Hail, Rain, Snow. Are they available to use elsewhere in the reporting options?
bretmcvey
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Regional Coordinator - Plains Region
Global Waze Champ | Country Manager: USA | State Manager: Nebraska
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png