Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

School Zones

Post by KrazyBoyKeith
I feel that adding school zones to Waze would be a wonderful addition. Mark the school zone out on the map by road sectors, the same as you would for toll roads, but have an alert announce that you have entered a school zone.
KrazyBoyKeith

POSTER_ID:12400481

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jahnsele wrote:I agree with KrazyBoyKeith, sometimes I find myself driving in school zones, almost got ticket for speeding.
If you can't notice the sign on the street, why would an app notice do any better?
jahnsele wrote:At least there should be an option under Show on Map.
One could easily add the option to the app settings, but that would be useless because there is no way to define school zones in the back-end. If it gets implemented at all, it will be many, many months. Check back next year some time maybe?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dmcconachie
Or... keep your eyes open! Marking toll roads is crucial to navigation. School zones are not.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by floppyrod84
Or run the kids over, get sentenced and find out what true love is according to Larry the Lumberjack in the cells...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by jahnsele
I agree with KrazyBoyKeith, sometimes I find myself driving in school zones, almost got ticket for speeding.

At least there should be an option under Show on Map.
jahnsele
Send a message