Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by doctorkb
gdu1971 wrote:As you might know, there is an editor which allow you to modify only parts of addresses without modifying the other parts. This editor allow to edit also parts of streetnames according to the current French conventions (a street ID concatenated with a '-' and a streetName). This is a simple regular expression which do the job and if you have such conventions, I can implement it accordingly.
This sounds like a great feature that I'd like to see expanded.

In the base import for Canada, there are many words that need abbreviation:
Street to St
Avenue to Ave
North-west to NW

(etc.)

The full list is at http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manua ... sp#1424583 though our import seems to have both hyphenated and un-hyphenated versions of the two-worded directions (e.g. North-west and Northwest both show up).

Would it be possible to have a one-key update to a selected street to perform a list of abbreviations? I'd be happy to work with you to write the regexp, but undocumented JavaScript APIs aren't really my cup of tea, so I'm having trouble figuring out how to write my own extension to do this.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
I posted a defect note to the WME-Addons project. Hopefully that will help get the dev's attention.

Since all my other scripts seem to be working fine, I'm suspecting that it's a simple change.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
AlexN-114 wrote:
svx-biker wrote:With the release of the new WME it doesn't work anymore.
I think the problem of WME-AddOns and JNF are, that thay manipulate the content of the editor. So the author has a version check. And before thay give their plugins free for a new version of the editor, they have to check if the plugins work correct with the new editor and don't distroy any data.
JNF is working fine, though, it seems.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
houstonmg wrote:Thanks work good in Firefox but I can't install en Chrome. any idea?
The Chrome link works fine for me...
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
invented wrote:I'm finding that editing the City field inside a lot of segments selected inside a landmark results in the segment name being wiped out en masse. Pretty dangerous.
Are you using the Properties window of Addons, or the standard address editing area in WME?
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
invented wrote:
doctorkb wrote:
invented wrote:I'm finding that editing the City field inside a lot of segments selected inside a landmark results in the segment name being wiped out en masse. Pretty dangerous.
Are you using the Properties window of Addons, or the standard address editing area in WME?
The Properties field in WME Add-Ons.
Funny. I've been doing it without issue. In fact, most of the lower mainland of BC has been subject to it.

How many segments are you selecting? I try to keep each change to ~150-200 as I'm told higher numbers can lead to corruption...
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
fvwazing wrote:Corruption... in what sense?
Invented is reporting that street names are getting lost.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
invented wrote:
doctorkb wrote:
Funny. I've been doing it without issue. In fact, most of the lower mainland of BC has been subject to it.

How many segments are you selecting? I try to keep each change to ~150-200 as I'm told higher numbers can lead to corruption...
I've had bad luck with smaller selections as well. I'm not sure what's doing it. And then I've had higher-quantity selections where it works fine. I just always have to click on various segments before hitting Save to make sure the city name stays intact.
When you've made these, do you recall your save counter? (i.e. the number on the save button). That is what I meant by keeping each change in the ~150 range.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
invented -- I had the same issue working around Sault Ste. Marie. I've put a feature request in to have the WME Addons have a "State" field in the Properties box for this reason.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
skbun wrote:
gdu1971 wrote:
doctorkb wrote:invented -- I had the same issue working around Sault Ste. Marie. I've put a feature request in to have the WME Addons have a "State" field in the Properties box for this reason.
Hi All,
I've been noticed by your feature request but the patch you submitted is not enough to have somewhat working and the major problem is my location in France without states. I don't have any chance to be able to test and investigate around my changes...
That's why I'm requesting if there is anybody there able to send me a complete patch to integrate this feature?
Regards,
How about give gdu a small AM spot in a low impact area that demonstrates states on NA... ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
That was what I was going to suggest... perhaps an area where there is overlap across the border (e.g. Sault Ste. Marie or Niagara Falls)?
doctorkb
Send a message