Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze are too quiet on iPhone 4

Post by cmllmc
Hello,

at first I love the waze app =)

only one thing are not so good, waze are too quiet on the iPhone. Other App's are much louder then waze.

In the option I have all sounds on max.

Have someone an "trick"?
cmllmc

POSTER_ID:12270936

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
There's still issues with iOS and Waze audio. What you need to try to do is to use the phone buttons to increase Waze audio while a sound is playing. If Waze isn't trying to play a sound at that time you adjust volume, you are not adjusting Waze volume.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Bigbear3764
As for a trick, I have mine up on dash to my left. Sound seems to reflect off windshield and back at me. I have seen attachments that redirect sound to front of phone. Looks like a curved bull horn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by g0wfv
Same issue on iPhone 5; spoken instructions are way too quiet!

I tend to run through Bluetooth, but have to have the background music audio cranked up to actually hear Waze's spoken directions when they occur! I have found that 'full' directions (ie with street names) is slightly louder, but still quieter than other sat nav apps I have tried!
g0wfv
Send a message

Post by SkodaRunner
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:There's still issues with iOS and Waze audio. What you need to try to do is to use the phone buttons to increase Waze audio while a sound is playing. If Waze isn't trying to play a sound at that time you adjust volume, you are not adjusting Waze volume.
I tried that, but nothing changed.

IPhone 3GS OS6.1
SkodaRunner
Send a message

Post by WazinBruce
Same for me, just seems too low in volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WazinBruce
Send a message
Just Wazin' through life and loving it!

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Active Editor for East Side of Cleveland, Ohio

Wiki Resources: Ohio Wazeopedia | New Ohio Editors | Ohio Area Managers