Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by bz2012
Oh, it seems to be finding legitimate problems.
The problem seems to be that WAZE is routing drivers over crazy paths!

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=8&lat ... s=20679355

Here, WAZE told 12 drivers to make an illegal U turn and one seems to have followed the directions!

and
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=8&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT
here it was routing them the wrong way along a one way highway.

The reports are not what worries me, it is the routes that WAZE was issuing!

The reports are a red flag saying something is wrong in the routing!

Maybe some are due to revcons or other 'left over map problems' from the older map editor but they are an indication of problems in the ROUTING rather than problems in map editing.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Give it a second, they'll disappear. Or at least some of us are having problems consistently seeing them.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
They appear and disappear for me even if there only only a few in the area. It is only these orange "don't follow route" ones that are affected for me as well. Even some red "don't follow route" ones that are not affected by the display issue here.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
There are also quite a few where I can't make heads nor tails about what the green line is representing.
Greenroute.jpg
(342.52 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Although there is no necessity that every area be assigned to a city. The sea of orange in MD (may it rest in peace) did identify some segments where the ZIP code boundaries extend beyond the census designation using the same name.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I'm guessing that is how the areas were label in the census/tiger data used as the base map.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by esochan
I had a few of these show up in Reno. I had already fixed a few back in December which this new batch wanted me to look at again.

Even though the Save is unavailable, making other legitimate changes seem to allow you to save all those changes as well.

Edit: Jemay already answered the save problem...
esochan
Send a message
Area Manager: Yuba City/Marysville, Oroville, Chico/Paradise/Magalia, California
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by esochan
shawndoc wrote:
Congrats! I'd been trying, but they kept disappearing on me and I'd get frustrated and quit.
Same thing has been happening in the Sacramento area...
esochan
Send a message
Area Manager: Yuba City/Marysville, Oroville, Chico/Paradise/Magalia, California
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by foxitrot
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:At that junction, the Waze recommended route is to turn left, against the 1-way segment. This segment hasn't been updated since March 2012, which would be the most recent date it could have been set incorrectly and allowed traffic the other way. Now, true enough, Waze does route against 1-way segments, but there would need to have been significant other errors nearby to cause this.
Could it also be, that this segment was a victim of the automatic "turn this 2-way road into 1-way because nobody seems to be driving it" change? Recently, at least long after edited.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by HandofMadness
There's so many that it caused Chrome to choke on my work computer when zoomed all the way out.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message