Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

New Feature Request: Breakdowns

Post by asharom
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but here goes...

Vehicles often breakdown in the middle of the road.

Currently, there is a Hazard option for 'Car Stopped on Shoulder', but no option for the above.

The closest I can get to would be 'Object on Road' and place 'Car breadkdown' under the remarks.

Maybe another descriptor could be added?

On a related note, perhaps Waze might consider what Dropbox does and have a 'new feature vote list' which makes it easier for users to indicate highly requested new features?

Thanks and keep up the great work!
asharom

POSTER_ID:6766500

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Vehicle stopped on road and vehicle stopped on should are both current reporting options in the app.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
cevrard wrote:I totally agree this past request (2009).
It is now time to add this Breakdown car reporting functionality!!
Trouble reading? It already exists.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by cevrard
I totally agree this past request (2009).
cevrard
Send a message

Post by mssusa
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
cevrard wrote:I totally agree this past request (2009).
Trouble reading? It already exists.
Some markets have yet to push the latest version (android speaking). My phone did not alert me to the new version. I checked for an update manually. I guess many wazers have yet to update to this version.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
That's what you get for trusting beta threads. I just checked and I still have no vehicle stopped on road (only on shoulder). I guess they changed "car" or whatever it was on the shoulder menu to "vehicle".

Does it at least work on ASR? I still haven't tweaked mine to get speech recognition working here.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Twister-UK
Newer than 3.5.3.0? With that, I'm still getting the same old "on road" hazard options as before - object on road, roadworks, pothole and roadkill.
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris, or even Tim, Stu, or any of the other champs team...)
AM SE England & Shetland Islands, UK Local Champ, WME Beta Tester & ScriptMangler
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork

https://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/beta.pnghttps://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/s0400.pnghttps://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/c5s.png

Post by Wolfeye
Why don't "danger on road" and "danger on shoulder" just share the same drop down list?
Put the most common for "on road" at top and most common for "on shoulder" at bottom. Of course "oil", "pot hole", "work", etc is usual "on road" than "on shoulder" so they should be put at bottom.

It's the same for dead animal (road kill) and animal. They can both appear "on road" and "on shoulder". Now you can't chose if the animal is dead or alive depending on where you would like to report it. If its "on road" it has to be dead (of course it probably will be if it stays there) but in reality it could be alive and running all over. That's probably much worse than a dead just laying there.
Wolfeye
Send a message