Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Toll option in navigation recommendation

Post by allanfwong
Hey Waze people,

I've been using Waze for a while and I have a recommendation for the navigation.

On my commute, I have the option of taking Toll route or regular city road. Depending on how late I am in the morning or if I need to go somewhere after work, I sometimes choose to take the toll road.

Currently the only way to "choose" this option is to go to the navigation settings and manually select to avoid toll on or off.

Is there a way to allow for this option in the suggested "routes" so that you can just scroll down to the toll (and vice versa if you have toll allowed and you want to not take the toll route that day)?

Thanks!
allanfwong

POSTER_ID:4238872

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Alt routes will include toll routes even with avoid turned on. Only the primary route is affected. This is by design.

iOS and Tapatalk have conspired to screw up this post.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by CBenson
B..but, doesn't waze do exactly you are asking for when you ask for alternate routes?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by zmpanda
I found it annoying as well and totally agree with allanfwong.
On my way home I have 2 major routes, one free another one toll, and I would be happy to see both suggested, to see time difference and than to make the decision which one to choose.
Probably the compromise could be direct filtering possibility from suggestions screen.
zmpanda
Send a message