Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Feature Request: on/off CBD & Avoid

Post by Joanitude
I would like to request two additional features.

1) Just as we can avoid toll roads, it would be great to have a switch to avoid the CBD (Central Business District) I know that doesn't matter to everyone, but for those that this matters to - it is a big deal.

2) I would love to find a way to designate an intersection or road (freeway) to avoid. There is a local freeway that I actively avoid except as a last resort. It is the favored route for Waze. Even if it is something I can set up from the website, I would love to tell it to just ignore that road altogether.
Joanitude

POSTER_ID:9960294

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
setati wrote:1) Just as we can avoid toll roads, it would be great to have a switch to avoid the CBD (Central Business District) I know that doesn't matter to everyone, but for those that this matters to - it is a big deal.
How are the "CDB" currently defined in Waze? If there is no definition or location for this in Waze, there is no way to avoid it.
setati wrote:2) I would love to find a way to designate an intersection or road (freeway) to avoid. There is a local freeway that I actively avoid except as a last resort. It is the favored route for Waze. Even if it is something I can set up from the website, I would love to tell it to just ignore that road altogether.
More granular "avoid" settings have been proposed but not accepted or worked on yet. Maybe someday, but they do know about the desire in the community.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Joanitude
I suspected as much - still it doesn't hurt to ask.
Joanitude
Send a message